front bumper

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Had a bit of a mishap today and was wondering if its a easy job to replace front bumper as the brackets have snapped on my old one. Is it legal to drive without one temporary?

yeah your not meant to drive it without the bumper becuase of the sharp edges which you will be fined for if caught, your best to take the headlights out to get the bumper off properly as theres 4 under each headlight if im right...and the 2 at the sides and a few underneath into the x-member

iv drove around a cupple of times without mine and iv neva been stoped and passt plentey of police???

my best bud has a vdub show car and has all been flushed and smoothed to not have a bonnet, an he drives this around at the weekends he has never been stoped

i know back in the old days. when people used to de-bumper cars. it was legal aslong as any dangers brackets where re-moved.

hummmmm looks like we have a mistery on our hands :laugh:

Alfonze....why dont you phone the police (not 999!) or a garage and just ask them, so you know what you can and carnt do because you arnt going to get a 100% sertan anser

as i understood it when i spoke to a tester, everything exposed on a car has to have a minimum of a 3mm radius on all edges, so id say aslong as everything thats exposed has at least a 3mm radius im sure you will be ok.

right I now have a new bumper but how difficult is it gonna be to fit, as the garage want £50 to fit it?

No as said above, remove headlights then 4 bolts, 2 attaching to wing and the little screw things underneith that are pointless.

Back