Front brake pin bolts

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
Rang brakes international and some others and no good, it seems the calipers only fit a Micra K11 and only Nissan make the pin bolts. At nearly £40 a bolt and probably need 4 that's Nissan killing another car!

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
is it the bolt that holds the caliper to the sliding guide pins? how bout going to a fastenings place and find a bolt with similar pitch & length?

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
Yes its the bolt that holds the caliper to the sliding pins, I spent an hour today trying to get it off and its seized solid. I took a trip to a local scrappy after lunch and managed to get 4 bolts and three sliders for £5, bargain :) I have to take the car to a garage to get this damn bolt off tomorrow which I hope they will not charge to much for but even so a lot less that Nissan's £160 for four new bolts and sliders. Now I can save my little K11, next is have a new sill fitted and she is fine for another year and probably until 2014.

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
The garage charged me £20 to take out my well seized pin bolt and today I changed the other suspect one, in all just needed to change two pin bolts and all the sliders good. Job sorted :)

Back