Fred's trubo install.... finally

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I'll throw the pix up.. highlights are

Ga15 tb
Ga15 primera injectors
Modded Liberty intercooler
with
480x200 oil cooler (for intercooler radiator)
and
Ford euro water pump (17 l/min)
Gt17 Turbo
custom dump pipe (more work on that 2 come)
notice air bleed valve on turbo water (since the water lines are level with top of radiator fill, to be safe)
things to do.. heaps but immediately, dipstick handle.....GA16 AFM and all the electronics.....

Attachments

• 33617.jpg
    33617.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 32

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
front on.... i have a new cross member to go on...if your worried.... and a heat shield for the turbo.... I'll put it on when I know everything is tight and ok

Attachments

• 33626.jpg
    33626.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 31

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
might move battery later... low priority... heaps of electronics to install and little standoffs for all the new plumbing.... so its not finished just working.... I gotta get a switch in for the pump..or no intercooler for work tomorrow...

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Sorry off topic,Will be heading up to willowbank in roughly 4 weeks if anyones interested, Turbo?
I'm only spectating though,hey turbo remember that guy with the 2j inn the wagon,should be around 500rwhp

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
hmm track... don't wanna break anything.. its my daily (130km per day, type daily) had a nice morning to check running rainy and overcast..... everything ok... no leaks, about 4-5psi enough fuel so far.... off to the exhaust shop today to fix up a few things

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
home again. no leaks. exhaust guy was impressed with the neatness of the install.... did a preliminary performance run on way home.....

my best n/a 5-100 was 10.3 from memory (with 2" cat back was 10.85)

first run using 4psi, not really trying (looking at boost and a/f meter) was 8.2sec to 100kph..... Impressive start imho.

smidge

» CMF Member
awesome fred! what's running the thing? stock comp?

i've got the front end off the car and have my little VF13 in around there sizing it up

i REALLY wanna keep my aircon so i think it's gonna be tough..

thanks for the pics! i've got a WAIC setup sitting here but i'm getting FMIC ideas while the whole front end of the car is off

keep us updated :D

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
looks great, i was going to use the exact same type of liberty intercooler when i was going to turbo my old super s (about 4 years ago). could you please put up some photos of the pipework between the throttle body and the intercooler and/or any mods to the intercooler with this regard. very curious to see how you did it.
well done,great idea, good job.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
don't do the FMIC I have no lag... nothing... its like driving a bigger cc car. standard computer with jaycar fuel adjuster and display. as u can see i still have my a/c condensor so after it all settles down (dipstick rerouting and new airbox and plumback Bov) I'll get it plumbed back up...

the jaycar fuel adjuster gets a bit lost when cold but other than that very drivable.....

please have a long look at dipstick location... it all gets very tight... if you want and dimmensions etc for waic let me know and I can take it off and measure it up... I gotta take it off anyway to get the head gases return right.

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah those pics are around somewhere of where he welded them up

hey fred still curious to know if you had to change any other vac related things like the charcoal canister or brake booster?

did you have to put one way valves or any of that stuff in?

just curious!

cheers

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
no, but i did add a oil catch can on to the rear right vapour line (it initially conected to the airbox) and that line will return to preturbo after the new afm or maybe into the new airbox after the filter..... I change them since no one else anywhere has changed them... 4 example the brake booster preformance will not be affected since I can't remember when I'd be on boost and braking at the same time....well not since the morris 1100.......

its like a normal car off boost

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
yep, all my own work (except for the welding) ... as for power... I'm still only in setup mode, 4psi.... when the water injection/boost control/programmable ignition go on, I'll get it dynoed... it currently has enough fuel along the rev range and it doesn't ping, so its safe enough for now.... but 7psi would be heaps choice.... oh, just installed exhaust gas temperature cage...next is a knock sensor and then a g-tech RR to round it all off. (i guess power is about 70-80kw.... maybe)

Back