FOR SALE: Autometer 2" BOOST gauge

cisco

» CMF Member
Selling my old boost gauge.

The silver surround edge part is scratched and roughed up a bit, doesn't show up that much in the photo, but it is.

Comes with a section of air tubing and the fitting on the back to hook it up.

Only asking $30 + postage. It works perfect as a boost gauge, just aesthetically not perfect because I've moved it in and out of various mounts and it has those scratches/dents on the casing as a result. Not 100% if the vacum side readings are spot on calibrated now (Its been moved and squeezed around a bit), but they are close at the least, and I know the boost side is accurate.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
None of the Autometer ones are...

...The air pressure here is different to the air pressure in the U.S.

Aaron, you're better off buying something locally made or electronic if you want accuracy.

Seano

cisco

» CMF Member
Haha how do you work that out Sean. You're crazy mate.

PSI is PSI.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Dave, no it wouldn't but it would work alot better than an n/a car.

Can't remember where I've read it cisco but it made it all clear to me.

For now I'll seem like an idiot!

Seano

cisco

» CMF Member
Haha. So funny.

No honestly, with text messages you can't pick up people's tone. My "your crazy mate" was a sarcastic joking one, not a serious one. So you don't seem like an idiot.

I guess that's what emoticons are for, but they clog up the forums!

If you find out something about Autometer gauges, then I'm definately interested. But I used to have a speco boost gauge on my 200sx (I replaced it with the autometer one) and they read the same psi figures. So hmm..

cisco

» CMF Member
Hey evade,

Email me if you're keen. $40 including postage will do it.

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
aaron:
hey cisco was there a fitting on the other end of the vacuum tube? or a t-piece or something? the tube is way smaller than my previous boost gauge and it doesn't fit!

Just wondering how it was connected originally..ill be able to stick in on there somehow

cisco

» CMF Member
Gday dude,

Nah they don't come with a brass t-piece, but yeah the tube size is thicker in the car than the autometer tubing. My car just has a rubber t-piece installed and a rubber pipe coming off the T which you insert the smaller autometer tubing into. All my cars and gauges have always been like that, even a speco gauge, so I just assumed all gauges had that skinny piping. I've never received the t-piece with the gauge's packaging.. I've seen the tiny T-pieces for sale like at Super Cheap Auto / Autobarn etc for a coupla bucks. Then you just need about 1 inch of the rubber hose to use as the joiner to the small tube.

Back