Fix K10, or buy K11?

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
im in a serious debate of whether to just uprate my K10 shocks and live with the 1L engine, or get a 1.3 K11 and risk that having to have new shocks fitted to that as well.

Ive modded my car to my tastes so much now i dont really want to sell it. but the lure of 1.3 power and PAS is quite strong!! what you you people do?? spend around £150 fixing up a K10 1L (in very good nick with lots of nice goodies and modded to how you like it) ..... or...... spend a about £1K on a 1.3 K11 with not many extras and may need new shocks in that as well?

Cheers!

Fix the k10, tbh with you the k11 doesn't have a massive diff in power. Cheaper insurance on the k10 too :)

k11, imo k10s are getting on (no offence) but the k11 1.3 is much faster and has a five speed box, a lot comfy to drive. depends what you want tho, if you want to keep a retro car on the road a while longer or upgrade. your own opion at the end of the day.

i think the k10 has enough power to make it fun :) so i'd fix that.

driven a 1300 k11 quite a few times though, and it does have a lovely revvy engine, so the decision is yours!

screw it.... im gonna mod the hell outta the K10.. its in great shape (except for the shocks). and i have only 1yr NCB and im just 22, so will be cheaper as well.... i have a 10second motorbike that can do 170mph so thats my adrenaline fix sorted and the lack of power steering is my only form of exercise that i do.. so im keeping the K10!!!!

I'd stick with the K10. Engines are easier to work on, diagnose and fix. They're also becoming rarer, especially good condition ones and are great fun to drive if you play with the suspension :)

i got a Bandit 1200... has been tuned so its pretty pokey. i was thinking that the bandit engine in a micra would be cool! it would still be just a 1.2 lol!

it seems the general jist of things is to stick with the K10. I love me little car so im gonna treat it to some new shocks (made a new thread on that one).

V pleased youre sticking with the K10, but Squarepants is definately right by saying:........

"it depends what youre looking for"

....perfet square pants

i got a Bandit 1200... has been tuned so its pretty pokey. i was thinking that the bandit engine in a micra would be cool! it would still be just a 1.2 lol!

LOL (sorry off topic but I agree with your slant on the joys of a beefy bike):

2 wheels rule (I had the N600 but now a tiger 955i I am too lanky for the bandit for the longer rides)
how about a rocket 3 engine in a K10?...lol...seems a shame to take the engins out the bikes though....lol

Everyone has the bandit!!! Get a decent bike :p Lol, only joking!!

But yeah it is good your sticking to the k10, they're slowly disappering out of sight on the MSC!

yeah its oldskool for me!!! my bike, although 2005 model, is oldskool. and i prefer the look of the K10 to the K11 and 12. i like older cars much more!

Sammo... a Rocket III engine in a micra... HAHAHAHA. the chassis wouldnt take all that grunt! and the K10 prob wieghts the same as the rocket lol!! so you would have a K10 that would do 0-140 in like 15 secs! haha YES PLEASE!

sticking with the k10, good man
i hav'nt had my k10 long and i luv it, they really are great little cars and i would always choose a k10 over a k11. k10.s jst have more character me thinks :)

Back