Fitting K10 Skirts

Micra 110

Site Supporter
I've acquired some original Factory K10 skirts but the fittings are missing, how do the side skirts attach to the body? Would there be any special bolts to find?

Any Pics of said skirts/bolts would help greatly :)

Is it the super s skirt or one of the foha ones? The foha's glue on and have a few screws going into the cill. The super s has little recessed tunnels along it where the bolts go and are then covered by little popper caps. If it's the super s kit you'll need to mock-up the kit, site the arches on there and the sideskirt, get everything allinged and then stick a marker pen through the bolt holes so that you know where to drill on the cill. No special bolts, stainless steel would be best so they don't rust and snap off.

Thanks for the info PP:)

I have the Super S kit.

I was wondering whether if you or anyone had any close up photo's of how the kit sits.

Preferably pics of the join between the skirt and the lower rear of the front arch, the bottom front of the arch (by front bumper) and the rear arch and how it connects to the rear of the skirt.

When it's easy it's easy, when it's not it's a pain in the bum! :doh:

cheers :)

I bett, you have a gap between the skirts and the arches, right?
I had the same problem, you have to bend the arches a bit, so that you don't have this gap. It is pretty easy to fit, fist you should fit the top of the arches and the the sides. When you fit the sides, push them to the outside as far a possible.
After you've done this with the front arches, fit the sideskirts and fix them with a few screws or just with some glue. Then fit the rear arches so that you don't have a gap.

The rear arches tuck into the rear of the skirt and the front arches tuck into and bolt on over the top off the tab on the front of the skirt. There is no set position to line them up with, just try to get the gap between the skirt ends and the arches as even as possible.
I don't know if these will be of much help but here's a few pics. On my red k10 i modded the ends of the arches to blend in better with the stock bumpers because that kit did not come with that car (it was a basic LS).

156662_478862819871_839509871_5449537_2989931_n.jpg

179052_10150096427429872_839509871_5909025_2012547_n.jpg

Try to get the edge of this tab to line up with the end of the cill as your basic starting point. I used big clamps and a few friends to hold things in place on my red k10 while i marked out the holes with a permanent marker pen.
Oh and one last thing; the hight of the skirt is determined by where the arches sit, so get someone to hold the skirt while you move the arches into place. Then move the skirt to suit before marking out. You will have to drill at least 2 holes on each rear arch to screw them on securely if you don't have any of the propper plastic U-clips to put on there.

Well explained sir, thanks for that :)

Yes there is a gap but what also throws me out is the moulding at the end of the arches...

K10 body kit (3).JPG K10 body kit (4).JPG

In one of your pics, you have something between the skirt and the sill, is it some sort of rubber gasket as it doesn't show one in the manual?

Some of the mounting points have snapped off on the skirts where the bolts go through so I'll just have to make some plates to fit in the recesses.

cheers:)

Well explained sir, thanks for that :)

Yes there is a gap but what also throws me out is the moulding at the end of the arches...

That's supposed to tuck behind the bumper dude, that's why the super s bumpers are fatter than the stock ones. Are you using stock bumpers of have you got the super s bumpers to go with them?
Also the thing between the cill and the skirt is the rubber trim. The arches and the skirts have a rubber trim that goes between them and the body. Are these the ones off ebay? You know, off that super s in london? The man hasn't given u all the bits if you're without the trimmings.

The rubber trimming that i used by the way, if you're interested, is for the 05/55 plate Toyota Corolla (the model with sideskirts). It took two sets (2 left & 2 right) to do the full kit on my car, costing £21 in total from my local toyota dealer.
It's self adheasive too which made things a lot easier, you just peel off the backing and stick it along the edge of the arches and skirts.

That's supposed to tuck behind the bumper dude, that's why the super s bumpers are fatter than the stock ones. Are you using stock bumpers of have you got the super s bumpers to go with them?
Also the thing between the cill and the skirt is the rubber trim. The arches and the skirts have a rubber trim that goes between them and the body. Are these the ones off ebay? You know, off that super s in london? The man hasn't given u all the bits if you're without the trimmings.

Thanks for the heads up, It did indeed come off Ebay from London, I've sent the seller a message.

I have GSX bumpers....I knew something wasn't right :doh:

If I can get the Super S bumpers then it's a Go if not these will be up for sale to the highest bidder :down:

The rubber trimming that i used by the way, if you're interested, is for the 05/55 plate Toyota Corolla (the model with sideskirts). It took two sets (2 left & 2 right) to do the full kit on my car, costing £21 in total from my local toyota dealer.
It's self adheasive too which made things a lot easier, you just peel off the backing and stick it along the edge of the arches and skirts.

Nice one, thanks again for the info, very valuable :)

I fitted mine behind normal bumpers;

156662_478862819871_839509871_5449537_2989931_n.jpg

37265_406695489871_839509871_4100852_3500236_n.jpg

37265_406695494871_839509871_4100853_5141608_n.jpg

I just shortened the back arches a wee bit and re-shaped the ends to make that bit of "extra moulding" flush in with the rest of the arch. Same with the front except that i didn't shorthen them. If it is the kit off ebay then i think you paid too much for them given the condition of them. I bought my kit off Scott (superls) for £35 and it was all in good nick apart from just one cracked arch but it was an easy fix. Did they come with the popper tunnel covers to cover the bolt holes? They wern't shown on the ebay pictures.

Thanks for your explanation on fitting, not sure whether to chop it though.

I received a sample from the seller, does this look like the correct part?

If it is I can't understand why it didn't come with kit.

Attachments

• Piping.jpg
    Piping.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 422
No that's definatly not the right stuff. Tell you what, i'll rumage round for my invoice tonight and i'll see if i can post you the part number for the toyota stuff i used. It actually costs less than half of what nissan charge for the genuine stuff, and being self adheasive it makes fitting a hell of a lot easier because you don't have to keep tucking the damn things back into place whan your screwing them on.

No that's definatly not the right stuff. Tell you what, i'll rumage round for my invoice tonight and i'll see if i can post you the part number for the toyota stuff i used. It actually costs less than half of what nissan charge for the genuine stuff, and being self adheasive it makes fitting a hell of a lot easier because you don't have to keep tucking the damn things back into place whan your screwing them on.

Nice one, you're a star (Y)

"Protector, Side" 76925-12080-CO, In english that's bodykit/sideskirt rubber trim for 2005 corolla.

media

Or 06 in this case, but if in doubt give em the number plate from this car and they'll know what you're after.

Back