Fitting an aftermarked tachometer

H

hankje

I am a newbie, and would like to fit an aftermarked tachometer to my K11 1,0 liter 98 mod. This tacometer needs to be connected to groundwire on coil (pulse for presenting RPM). Can anyone explain what colour this wire has and where i can find it. Would be very grateful

hankje said:
I am a newbie, and would like to fit an aftermarked tachometer to my K11 1,0 liter 98 mod. This tacometer needs to be connected to groundwire on coil (pulse for presenting RPM). Can anyone explain what colour this wire has and where i can find it. Would be very grateful

i believe the cable is green poss blue :p though !! :)
and will come out of the dizzy!

I fitted one to my K10 couple of weeks ago....

2 wires coming out of the coil, one green, one white/red. The green one was thicker then the red/white one, so i figured it was that one........it wasn't :laugh:

The red/white one was the one. But trying the green first did no damage to the tacho, so just give it a go.

gl!

I found it, and it turned to green/black in a connector. I found the same wire on the ecu unit (green/black), so I connected the tachometer to this wire with success.

Can you get a picture of the one to use from the ECU? (Or a rough location) As I'll be having a tacho within the next couple of days and would prefer to hook it up to the ECU than have a wire trailing from the engine bay :)

James.

Sorry can`t get a picture. It is very easy to spot, close to the ECU unit. On my Micra there was a spare connector (had some blue tape around it self) close to the ECU unit and there are two wires in a "pigtaile" close to the connector. One off them is the green/black wire you want. I spotted the wire strait away. Use a multimeter to verify that the wire is connected to the blue in engine bay. Sorry about my english.

Back