First mod

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
I was wondering what the first mod I should do to my car is? Whether it be buy some alloys are somthing else?

Whatever floats your boat really, I suppose wheels are a common starting point as is colour coding or bump strip removal.

What do I need to lower it? Will it effect the tyres? What sizes tyres to go for with some alloys? Will 195 50 15's be ok because Ive been told otherwise to go for lower profiles.

I've lowered mine 35mil and have 195/50 R15s on mine and get minimal scrubbing on full lock.. Most people have 195/45s though i think..

To lower it, just springs, around £80. If you want to uprate shocks etc it gets more expensive though.
If your gonna do it yourself, spring compressors. Or pay somewhere to do it for you.

lowering aint as easy as u think!
depending on the age of your car all the bolts might be siezed and you will need a air gun to undo the bolt at the top of the strut on the front suspension, also the rear springs are easy but getting tha panard rod back in after your done is hard too you need some leverage!
i couldnt get mine back in and had to drive my car with no panard rod about 5 miles to a garage lol
remember you need spring compressors for the front too!

those wheels will fit fine mate!

With 195/50x15" you will get some scrubbing on the front inner wings at full lock, and they might touch the rear arches over bumps if there is weight in the rear of the car. You should be able to fit the rear springs without removing the panhard rod, I did, so there was no probs there, the top nut on the damper rod could be tight, but its nothing that an overnight soak in penetrating oil wouldn't sort out.

Back