Finding the right spray paint colour

Hi,

Our Micra got an ugly scrape last night, found this in the morning... (see attach).

I'd like to clean that area and repaint it with a colour as close as possible to the original.

Does anyone know how I can find out the code for the car's colour or something? It's a dark blue Micra from '03.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Micra_scrape.jpg
    Micra_scrape.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 192
Sorely, there is a sticker on the body of the car, between the two doors, in Portugal it's on the opposite side of the driver (left). Open the two doors (same side) and search for it in the middle. Hope that helps!
If for some reason you don't have it, if you go to any store, all the sprays have a cap with the real color, take it outside and compare.
Best regards to all!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Futher more, by the picture that you show, only the bumper will need some paint, use a polish to remove all the white paint or plastic that is on your car. Only then, if it shows scratchy apply the paint.
;)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Hello,

Unfortunately neither places contains the colour code.

I have cleaned up the area with some WD40 and shoulder grease and the results are somewhat acceptable; I'll skip painting for now.

Thanks!

Hello,

Unfortunately neither places contains the colour code.

I have cleaned up the area with some WD40 and shoulder grease and the results are somewhat acceptable; I'll skip painting for now.

Thanks!
Wd 40 is oil to mask and not cut ability, pop down to Halfords get some ultimate compound from meguiars on a microfiber cloth rub hard voila.

Clean area where WD40 is spayed. Take a rag and car wax, put plenty of wax to damaged area and rub with rag.
Wax will remove most of white stuff. :)
-Mika-

Back