Finally a K11 Haynes manual in English

Hi,

I bought a K11 Haynes manual and decided to scan it all to PDF, since there is none online.
The scan is not perfect, I've done it in my spare time at work so couldn't be worried about perfection.
I think it serves it purpose as it is.

I still need to scan one page that is faded, because I didn't noticed before.
Also, for convenience I'll add bookmarks to it.
Now we can have the manual with us all the time in our phones for quick reference. :)

File size is ~28MB, if someone wants to host it for all msc members, please say where I can send the file for that to happen.
I'll finish the file tomorrow night...

thats a great idea, but i am not totally sure it is legal to host it, at least not on this site.

Yep it is against the LAW. and if you don't want a lawsuit on your hands i wouldn't be posting it around in such a way.
Very good idea though! (Y)

Haynes are worth the money for the information that you get imo, so I wouldn't try to rip them off. Also they probably have a huuuuuge legal dept to sue peoples asses off.

Surely you meant :

Hi,

I bought a K11 Haynes manual and then found it had been scanned [strike]decided to scan it all[/strike] to PDF, [strike]since there is none[/strike] online.
The scan is not perfect, [strike]I've[/strike] guess they did it in their [strike] done it in my [/strike] spare time at work so couldn't be worried about perfection.
I think it serves it purpose as it is.

[strike]I[/strike]they still need to scan one page that is faded, because [strike]I[/strike]they didn't noticed before.
Also, for convenience I'll add bookmarks to it.
Now we can have the manual with us all the time in our phones for quick reference. :)

File size is ~28MB, if someone wants to host it for all msc members

:D

I don't know why you assume that.
I haven't contributed with much since I'm registered, so when I bought the manual, I thought that would be nice to give something to the community, since Paul ( pollyp ) and frank helped me before without asking nothing...
I think this is a great community with a lot of nice people, but after reading what you wrote and the thanks you've received makes me think that the effort that I had, was in vain...

I did scan it all, I didn't found it anywhere online and it's not perfect because, as I said I've done it in my spare time at work.

But this is what I get for trying to give something to a community that I felt at home..
Many thanks for that, it made my day...

dude dont feel down i think its brilliant that you took your time to scan all the pages and people arent saying what you done it bad i just dont think that the mods will be too please and there is a risk you could get in trouble!

but as said if you use it and then when someone asks for help or whateer just post up the page and people will be able to thank you from that!!!!

I haven't contributed with much since I'm registered, so when I bought the manual, I thought that would be nice to give something to the community, since Paul ( pollyp ) and frank helped me before without asking nothing...
I think this is a great community with a lot of nice people, but after reading what you wrote and the thanks you've received makes me think that the effort that I had, was in vain...

I did scan it all, I didn't found it anywhere online and it's not perfect because, as I said I've done it in my spare time at work.

But this is what I get for trying to give something to a community that I felt at home..
Qorx, unfortunately, as admins of the site we can be very much liable for what our members post up in public, so posting the contents of a Haynes manual up is just the same in the eyes of the law as uploading the latest copy of Fast & Furious 5 to the website.

I do sympathise as I own a copy of the K11 Haynes and I know it's a pretty large manual and would have taken a long time to scan.

Please don't think that our members are being ungrateful to the effort you put in and I'm sure in time you'll have plenty of constructive posts to help fellow members in the future :)

Regards,
James.

I know how much hassle it is to scan stuff, and wasnt doubting you'd scanned it.

I wasnt having a go / calling you out, was merely suggesting a way of you posting it without you being known to copyright owners that you'd supplied it :D (a random megaupload link for example)

"ooo looks what i've found, wink wink"

Obviously that didnt come through in my post, which has caused the confusion. :)

Tbh in not sure how the argument for i own the original so i have a digital backup online just incase stands...i consider it fair but then thats me.

and the people who told you its a brilliant idea when you offer'd to do this a while back should be line'd up and ................hold on i may have been one of them:grinning:
look on the bright side,you now have legend status for attempting this

Mate
well done for scanning. I donot know about legal stuff but i have seen numerous times on this & other forums people hyperlinking information that is similar to what you have & noone raising any objections. I think the admins have a point in directly uploading any information on the micra.org.uk server though.

Cheers
Big M

Qorx, unfortunately, as admins of the site we can be very much liable for what our members post up in public, so posting the contents of a Haynes manual up is just the same in the eyes of the law as uploading the latest copy of Fast & Furious 5 to the website.
I understand James, was only thinking about giving a "gift" to fellow members, didn't thought about the rules beforehand. Sorry about that.

I do sympathise as I own a copy of the K11 Haynes and I know it's a pretty large manual and would have taken a long time to scan.

Please don't think that our members are being ungrateful to the effort you put in and I'm sure in time you'll have plenty of constructive posts to help fellow members in the future :)

Regards,
James.
Thank you for your kind words.

I know how much hassle it is to scan stuff, and wasnt doubting you'd scanned it.

I wasnt having a go / calling you out, was merely suggesting a way of you posting it without you being known to copyright owners that you'd supplied it :D (a random megaupload link for example)

"ooo looks what i've found, wink wink"

Obviously that didnt come through in my post, which has caused the confusion. :)

Tbh in not sure how the argument for i own the original so i have a digital backup online just incase stands...i consider it fair but then thats me.
I haven't read it that way... misinterpreted your intention and felt frustrated because of the hard work put into it, with you ( read MSC ) in mind.
But glad we've cleared that up and thanks for the PM (Y)

and the people who told you its a brilliant idea when you offer'd to do this a while back should be line'd up and ................hold on i may have been one of them:grinning:
look on the bright side,you now have legend status for attempting this
ahah good one R-REG :D thanks!

Mate
well done for scanning.
Thanks (Y)

I donot know about legal stuff but i have seen numerous times on this & other forums people hyperlinking information that is similar to what you have & noone raising any objections. I think the admins have a point in directly uploading any information on the micra.org.uk server though.

Cheers
Big M
As stated, it's against the rules and I haven't thought about legal issues, so the well thought idea goes nowhere.

Regards :)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
but as said if you use it and then when someone asks for help or whateer just post up the page and people will be able to thank you from that!!!!

well mate you could still do a lttle rule bending

Back