Filling Pain!

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Why does it hurt when you touch a metallic object onto a filling?

It hurt so much!!! I was eating a kit kat and had a bit of tin foil that I missed
that ended up touching a filling, and omg, I've never ever ever felt pain like it!

I've just been told it's due to nerves working on electrical impulses so anything metallic/magnetic it will be more than enough to overcome the threshold for what they call an action potential, nerve impulse.

aka pain, just need to clean the chewed up kit kat off my monitor and wall =/

Alienfish360 said:
just need to clean the chewed up kit kat off my monitor and wall =/

hahhhaahahahahahhahhha

i had two fillings, i eat one and the other went down the bathroom sink :/

if you have a white filling, you'll be OK. I'm about due for a root canal, and i'm not looking foward to it. However, at least i'll never get toothache in that one ever again

White fillings are worth the extra money! Can eat on them almost straight away aswell as them looking nicer.

Lol, i have mirrors!! I have black ones i dont like, but im not going through the torture of having them changed until they fall out

Try and find a dental surgeon, it makes a massive difference. I have a reaction to anaesthetics so am not a big fan of dentists, my folks found one of the 200 qualified dental surgeons in the uk locally and now use her as our dentist, since finding her I have had 4 fillings, all of them deep and not felt a thing. Admittedly she uses the latest technology and lets you know exactly what is going on.

Since finding her I am no longer hesitant about seeing a dentist and know I can get things done when needed and not feel bad for it. It's another example of getting what you pay for :D

rhaines said:
Try and find a dental surgeon, it makes a massive difference. I have a reaction to anaesthetics so am not a big fan of dentists,
Since finding ||=->her<-=|| I am no longer hesitant about seeing a dentist and know I can get things done when needed and not feel bad for it.

Lol i wonder why it makes a massive difference :p

"open wide now...."

gross

my flatmate is training to be a dental hygienist, which i think means she cleans teeth for a living.

Lol.
I have a few fillings from where a stupid ##### thought it was fun to do work that wasn't needed. She's got away with causing a lot of problems to a lot of familys, and she's ruined my mums teeth too. I used to like going to the dentist but now i don't trust anyone. :(

i have loads of fillings, dentist told me i have really weak teeth, sometime they just crumble apart. It's not very fun but ive gotta live with it.

Back