filler the arial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
filler the aerial?

Hi

Im going to fill in the part on the front right wing where the aerial sits.

I dont listen to the radio atall, but i will get something else just in case.

Just wondering if anyone has already done this?

if so, Pics please!:)

don't think many have, Kev's old k10 was done just looks like the wing on the other side lol so not much to see. seeing as you've got metallic paint i hope your going to get it painted professionally ;)

i did this on thursday!!

basically fiberglassed a base with mesh on, inside and body filled outside. then smoothed and primered!

ill take a picture in a minute for you! still need abit more smoothing though but you get the picture!! lol

heres two photos of my work:grinning:

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

All models had it there, even the Datsun. The Datsun didn't have indicators poking out the wings though. Looks like a good job though sammi

lol....cheers arnold! Just needs abit more work with the little craters on it....and got plans for a different ariel;)

i see you got the rims on sammy? show us some better pics! :) done a great job on the Ariel mate looks very neat!

hehe....yeah! And will do! Had abit of fun using up the old tread on the steelies;)
lol.

anyways, back to topic, so curtis, you planning to do this??
Pretty easy to do! took me about an hour to do it, and thats including drying time! but could do with another hour or so tomorrow smoothing it out:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back