fiesta recaros

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys i just got myself a pair of fiesta recaros which i am gonna try and fit to my micra. I read that someone has done this also?

how hard is it gonna be? I read here somewhere that someone with an almera modified the fiestas rail with mounts for the almera? is that easier then welding the micra rail onto the recaros?

Also what kind of time would i look to doing this (i have all the tools in my bro's garage to my disposale including gas and mig welders). I think it wouldn't take longer then 3-4 hours.

Any suggestions to do this will be great.

cheers guys

really mate i dont think welding the rails is gonna help you if you remove the rails from your seat and then fit them by themself in the car and the remove the ones from the recaros place them on top of your rails making sure thy are straight make a few marks so whe you takem out you can drill them and bolt them together it you are looking for a time it can take from 30 mins to a hour per seat if you want a perfect fit ill be fiting a set my self in the weekend ill post you some pic asap after that

well if i manage to get them before the weekend i'll have crack at welding them as i'm not too sure about putting a seat rails on top of each other really might make them too high/ustable with just bolts for my liking i'll see when i get them though.

I'm assuming you have fiesta recaros too? Would be great still if you posted pictures after you do it so i can compare both methods but can't really say untill i see them myself to be honest.

cheers.

p.s alienfish360 how did you do them? would be good to see the all the methods used. and some pictures if you can please but if its too much of a hassle a description of what you done would be great still.

i have a set too but not done the fitting...

my mate bought the same ones and witted them in his Sunny and yes he did a 50/50 weld of sunny and recaro rails...

basically the mounts off the recaro rails would not meet up su the guy cut the flange parts off the sunny rail and welded them to the reacro rails...

** imho, the way i would do it is to weld a flat plate on top of the micra sub frame and drill holes for the bolts, as the bottom of the recaro mounting plate is totally flat...

Back