Farewell

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well unplugging the computer tomorrow morning for its big trip west.
I will text Cisco whenever I can re progress.I think past Ceduna S.A.end of mobile phones.
Hack all primed and ready to hammer its way across this great southern land. 3500kl of boosted driving.When we hit the great vast expanses will wind Hack up a tad and take some pics showing kl/hr, revs,etc.plus pics of general interest like kangaroo embedded in the radiator etc. Should not joke about it I guess.
Keeping the ball and chain within the legal speed limit will be a challange.
THe longest sraight stretch of road is 184 kl without a bend in sight.Fire it up.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Have a good and safe trip, White Knight. Shall speak with you on the other side...(of the country, that is). I actually drove that straight stretch, but I couldn't resist putting a couple of curves in the road, for variation. Enjoy yourself and take care.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Hey Dave.

All the best with the move mate. Has anyone driven further in a Micra in one trip? How long will it take you to get there? Looking forward to maybe seeing some pics, and hearing how you are getting on.

Drive safe:)

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow. How exciting!

Have a safe trip mate. All the best.

I can't wait to see all the pics and highlights.

This is going to be some mean trip. Where no forced micras have gone before.

How exciting getting to Perth for a big change and settling into your new home town etc. Should be awesome.

cisco

» CMF Member
I think the Perth micra scene is going to fire up quite a bit.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Thanks for all your well wishes, really appreciated.Yes big trip. Plan to do around 700/800 kl per day but when we get to Adelaide spend a day in Adelaide before heading off.The plan
Arrive Adelaide Wednesday arvo . Melbourne /Adelaide 730kl
Depart Adelaide Fri. arrive Ceduna 773 kl.
Sat. depart Ceduna arrive Caiguna 830 kl.
Sun. depart Caiguna arrive Merredin 820 kl
Mon. depart Merredin arrive Perth 367 kl. Just on 3500 kl. Will only travel during daylight to avoid as Toma said our national icon but said was not aware there were that many feral pigs out there.
Will catlogue the whole trip.Plenty of fuel stops so will pull up about every 2 hours and swap drivers but I am sure the ball and chain will cover the distance quicker than me.
Reckon about $500 in fuel plus accomodation and food( lots of food)
Cost to send Whitey on Autotrans just under $1000 and will cost about the same to drive across !! Least it is winter so plenty of cold air down Hack. No way would we do it in middle of summer.
Will text you Cisco whenever.Happy/sad emotions at the moment.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Have a safe journey mate. Definately a milestone for a micra. Should be proud that such a distance is being covered in a TURBO micra!

I hope you're planning on doing something to limit the amount of power whitey can make... Don't want any of those pesky transporter guys giving it a test flight... I hope I just didnt give you any bad dreams. lol

Cheers

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
No Yom she will be okay. Be very surprised if both of them do not get through rego. Have already filled out the forms for modified cars have letter from my mechanic etc. Anyway they are only shopping trolleys driven by a man with lots of grey hair so do not think I will set alarm bells ringing. Little do they know!!!!
Thats it pulling the plug next message will be from Perth.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I'm jealous.

So exciting.

I wish I was in Perth for the next time you guys all meet up!

Attachments

• 18311.jpg
    18311.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 30
Back