Extreme sensitivity to ir temperature

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I've noticed with the sort of driving I do nowdays my little charlotte is very sensitive when it comes to temperatures (both engine and ambient air).

Sometimes I can be bumming about and it'll feel like its hauling a carload of 6ft5" bodybuilders and all of a sudden something will change and it'll revout like a cut cat (cold or warm, doesnt matter).

It always feels like it wants to rev its tits off when it is cold, but of course i don't take it past 2500rpm for the first 10 minutes of driving.

I've had the Datascan program logging when this happens and there's no changes in ANY sensor readings. They are all doing exactly what they were doing beforehand.

Similar things happen after driving on highways. Extended periods at 100 or 110km/hr are horrible, I get off the highway and all it seems to be interested in is bumming along holding up grandmas in their camrys.

The same things were happening when it was running standard ignition timing. It seems to be directly related to temperatures.

Anyone else have a micra which can be used like a thermometer?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Another thing - the exhaust note. When it is in a good mood and accelerating like a cut cat when required, the ehxuast note is a really lovely deep burble.

WHen it is a slug the exhaust gets a droney, dull and lifeless tone.

Weird hey

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Could be fuel? Im guessing it might be flooding after driving on the freeway or something.
Just an idea, i obviously dont know too much about it. :/

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
have you looked into the TB, resoldering guide? you never know. when it comes down to mechanics and electrical systems anything can go wrong

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Check to make sure you don't have a lose baffle in the exhaust (muffler). I stuck this on in an old gts monaro. It would go like a cut snake, until you did a u-turn & the baffle blocked the exhaust & then I could get out a walk faster than it

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
LWC has similar symptoms, and fuel consumption varies at bit too much. This week 484k on 30.4l = 6.28l/100, last week 6.8l/100 & 5.6l/100 the week before.
I should look at the TB resoldering guide, could be losing contact and going from closed loop (fuel efficient) to open loop control (uses more fuel).

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Your issue could be related to fuel quality too.

I've been getting excellent economy from one particular BP servo which is very small - usually runs out of Ultimate every week so the ultimate in the tanks is always nice and fresh.

One particular BP I have also been to, which isnt very busy, I always get crappy fuel consumption. Don't even talk to me about my local Shell and Optimax. I had 2 good tanks of that stuff and then it went to crap. :(

Back