Exhaust

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
Since asking this earlier while preparing to work on my Micra today i discovered a leaking rear shock, this is the straw that breaks the camels back and it will be making its way to the great highway in heaven soon. Sad but there are limits and it has now passed them. Just have to buy another Micra :)

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
I can't bring myself to scarp my old Micra, every time I go in my garage it looks up at me with its puppy dogs eyes and I fall for it again hahahhahaha.

To return to my original question: Can I take my exhaust heat shields off? Will taking them off cause any issues? Nissan must have out them there for a reason I guess.

Cheers

CMF_Shifter

» CMF Member
Yes you can take it off and it wont cause much grief at all.

Nobody has them over extractors and many people even have massive turbos in/around the same area - all producing a hell of a lot more heat than your standard exhaust system.

;)

It's not a bad thing maybe just give it a polish and bolt it on tighter?

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
Shifter WROTE:

"Yes you can take it off and it wont cause much grief at all.

Nobody has them over extractors and many people even have massive turbos in/around the same area - all producing a hell of a lot more heat than your standard exhaust system.

;)

It's not a bad thing maybe just give it a polish and bolt it on tighter?

Thanks for this, I will take the damn thing off it will sound a whole lot better without it.

Cheers

Back