Exhaust Question to Right Hand Drive Micra's

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Hello,

I have a UK Micra K11 FaceLift and the exhaust exit is on the Right Hand Side of the car, Do the Left Hand Drive Micra's have the exhaust on the Left Hand Side of the Car?

I doubt it, few manufacturers make such drastic changes to the car when they swap the wheel over.

The exhaust is on the right hand side away from the pavement, the fuel cap is on the pavement side. The car was designed (or is at least an evolution of) to be driven on right hand drive roads. The only real nissan that I can think that goes against this is the skyline (and the cars of that ilk) as they always had one eye on racing circuits which generally have the fueling on the right hand side of the car.

Most European cars have the exhaust, indicators and fuel cap on the wrong side, because they were designed for a left hand drive market.

I only ask because of an idea I have....

I want to split the exhaust into two seperate exhausts after the cat then I could have the EU micra exhaust bending to the Left and use the UK exhaust bending to the Right put a Cherry bomb on each and a nice chrome exhaust tips on each.

thum_452147c83ea84e260.jpg

Seriously Marius, Damn it not helping my idea, anyone with LHD K11's can't have Pete being right it's spoil my plans, lol.

There's a problem with that setup (twin exhausts), the fuel tank is mounted over to one side so you would have to split the exhaust after the rear axel.

Back