engine conversions

Hi, I have a K11 1.3 sr and im looking for a bit more power, i love my micra its like a go-kart it goes around any corner at any speed, im looking for that bit extra poke and top end speed, ive seen a guy on ebay who has converted his 2001 plate micra to a 1.6 rover engine.
if anyone out there who has done any conversions to the K11 micra i would like to no the basics and what is the best engine to go for, im looking around the 1.8 to the 2.0 mark, i know you have to change brakes and do possible welding to stable the car. basically what im looking for is what engines are good to choose from and how do i go about fitting them, im new to this website and once my car is sorted and back on the road i would like to come show it off at any of your meetings you have around the country and meet the people who give me advise and how to go about the engine conversion.
I don't want to take the car to a garage to get the engine fitted i have done all the work to my car so far and would like to keep it that way.

thanks guys

*Find an engine you like/want
*Get it in a donor car
*Put engine in

You'll be looking custom driveshafts, custom mounts.
Not only your brakes but also the suspension as you'll be changing the front weight completely
Finally a welder and grinder with plenty of coffee

Back