EMS- Question

CMF_Zonkobel

» CMF Member
Hi there
Im planning to turbocharge my Micra.
But im not sure about the Engine Managment.
Should i take a Greddy E-manage or Greddy e-Manage Ultimate, Apexi Power FC or a Megasquirt?
Whats the Difference between the E-Manage and the Ultimate version.

Thanks for Help

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
good question... and the answer should (in my humble opinion) include fuel control, ignition control, boost curve control maybe with a couple curve selections, maybe water injection, and knock sensing and attenuation. so which one does it all and at what cost?

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
cant find many tuners for a power fc

should go with what your tuner recommends, as his probably got the most experience for that

i know one difference of the emanage and the ultimate, which i read briefly today was that u can get rid of the MAF sensor with the ultimate and could most likely run a TPS sensor

CMF_Zonkobel

» CMF Member
MY tuner?
its more like a DIY Project.
I dont know a Tuner in Switzerland for such things. And if i would find one it would cost a Fortune.
It couldnt be impossible to do it myself.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
there is no power fc for the micra. ive heard the s14 one can be adapted to it, but thats not for sure. it would be fantastic though. a full replacement computer plug and play.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
no its not impossible to do it yourself
but would be really hard if your not to savvy with auto electrics

im going to attempt it maybe if i get an ecu, and i have no auto electric exp at all

pretty much all software is now windows based

microtech
haltech
autronic
wolf 3d

in my opinion the microtech would probably be the easiest to tune as pretty much alot of tuners here tune microtech

CMF_Zonkobel

» CMF Member
i know there is no power fc. There is not one EMS which is Plug and Play. But its sure that i need a new one for my Micra.
The Power Fc and the E-manage and Megasquirt are easy available for me. All others are somekind of out of reach...
so what should i do?

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
i think aaron from this site initially had installed the emanage blue, but has gone standalone now i think

probably best to do a search for emanage in the tech section

with the megasquirt, isn't that like a kit that you put together?

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
One word... E-manage blue. It will do everything you need.

Avoid mega squirt unless you really do want to mess about, avoid microtech as they are not that nice and a pain to map. Power FC will be overkill and not worth the results. e-Ultimate again overkill..

Ed

Back