Ecu on yahoo japan

I saw that...there's been a lot of bids on it so far so I assume its all functioning as intended...

It appears they have re-routed the rom to sit outside and so it can be easily replaced...It is an after market rom that was used for rally

I had a bit more time to look in to this now that I'm home. The guy selling it has set up a few STs as rally cars, from what I've been able to find from translations on forums etc he uses nismo roms. Ed has mentioned these before and may be able to confirm if that is a nismo one or something entirely different. pretty sure ed said once he has nismo roms and could tell ya exactly what they do etc.

Anywho, this is one of their rally jobs from dat rallly...?? (once again, I'm going by what i can figure out from translations so may not be 100% accurate)

you have to sign up for import monster to read that

an aussie company sells the daughterboards so you can turn an ST ECU programmable anyway, seems like the way to go!

you have to get the japanese language pack if your seeing squares then you use google translator to do the rest

have one of them in my car barry makes a hell of a difference... well worth investing in...

Obviously don't know the spec of my car so. . .It won't work great over here anyway cuase the fuel octane's completey different.Probably goes a bit nicer because the igition and fueling would be tweaked

Your gonna have to bring me for a spin in your yoke one of these night's barry............
pleeeeeeaaaase.....!! haha;)

I wont because you'll ruin the experience of driving a stock version,honestly you will think there's something wrong with yours

Obviously don't know the spec of my car so. . .It won't work great over here anyway cuase the fuel octane's completey different.Probably goes a bit nicer because the igition and fueling would be tweaked

Yeah same goes for those mines ecus for the ST, they are fixed for 100 octane fuel.

Your ecu is stand alone, right baz?

Nismo rom controls SC in a totally different way. The AUS board for the ST I developed with the company, its not fully tested yet and is missing important functions. Mines rom etc for the ST is not worth it imo.

Nismo rom controls SC in a totally different way. The AUS board for the ST I developed with the company, its not fully tested yet and is missing important functions. Mines rom etc for the ST is not worth it imo.

How does it alter the way the sc works?

fair enough, i was surprised that such a thing for the ST exists, can't be the biggest market for it, not even in the UK. I know the ECU's between those era of cars wouldn't be all that different but still! are you using one of them yourself yet?

I wont because you'll ruin the experience of driving a stock version,honestly you will think there's something wrong with yours

Ha........Thanks....;)

fair enough, i was surprised that such a thing for the ST exists, can't be the biggest market for it, not even in the UK. I know the ECU's between those era of cars wouldn't be all that different but still! are you using one of them yourself yet?

It exists because of me!! I have one here, its not fully functional and key things still don't work, but my car is off the road so I cant develop it at the moment.

It exists because of me!! I have one here, its not fully functional and key things still don't work, but my car is off the road so I cant develop it at the moment.

Well you hardly ever comment on here so you must be flat out with it

No Its a greddy emanage,Ed will agree not the best option but the engine still making good power and will do for the moment like

Ahh ok fair enough, I didnt realise they were a piggy back unit. And yeah its certainly doing a good job for now.

I've not decided what I will do with my ecu yet but since my mechanic has qualifications in custom designing haltech ecus/powerchips I'd be silly not use his expertise. He spent ages playing around with the stock one and downloaded heaps of mappings that he played around with but he still wasnt happy with the end result so aftermarket looks like its on the cards at some point.

There are loads of great ECUs that from from AUS that you can look at. E-manage blue works fine to a certain point on the ST, its limited by the stock ecu as to how much it can do.

Well you hardly ever comment on here so you must be flat out with it

Yes, that is the understatement of my life. My posts will become much less frequent here too soon, as I simply don't have the time any more.

Thats cool Ed. I've spoken with that company and their keen for us to get one on mightymods which i'm up for doing. Got the wideband and a local dyno. Apart from the soot on the back of my car i'm actually pretty happy with the performance of it.

I need to do a full service (that i've been harping on about) weld up my front mount, and get that stupid UFO working the way it should - and then i'll happily tune it till its running peeerrfecly (should release a few more ponies with a newer turbo, dump, full exhaust, fmic and a little boost...)

Thats cool Ed. I've spoken with that company and their keen for us to get one on mightymods which i'm up for doing. Got the wideband and a local dyno. Apart from the soot on the back of my car i'm actually pretty happy with the performance of it.

I need to do a full service (that i've been harping on about) weld up my front mount, and get that stupid UFO working the way it should - and then i'll happily tune it till its running peeerrfecly (should release a few more ponies with a newer turbo, dump, full exhaust, fmic and a little boost...)

Keep me informed bout that man

Back