E/W and C/L help

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

I acquired a K11 K reg Super S, with no central locking or electric windows, but i have another donor car to take the system out from, got it installed in my K reg super S.. but not luck it doesnt work.. everything has been installed wired up and installed the fuse in the engine bay for the electric windows..

Am I missing anything?
Please help as my car windows are 3/4 way down and wont go up with this being fixed.

Thanks

Have you checked for power supply etc? Good way of checking is to attach a 12v led to the power supply wires and see if it blinks/turns on etc. How I chec mine (Y)

Thanks SuluR, Ill try that with the electric window switches.

Just wondering, my car aint NATS is there supposed to be some kind of central locking module and electric windows module somewhere?

Because where the door meets the body, the wires i pulled out were two sets which corresponded with the electric windows and central locking plugs, while the window winders were installed only one plug set was used?

Hope anyone can help... or im gonna have to take my donor super s apart by taking the dashboard out to have a look. :( :eek:

I'm sure there is a central locking module, so I've read on haynes. If you have the haynes manual near the back are wireing diagrams which would help alot, theyved helped me for sure. Only problem is with them is that there not always 100% on the wireing. But close enough eh.

I'm not if Nats matters with central locking or windows. Although all the micras I've had that had central locking did have nats.

Hope that helps

I had a similar problem , only mine was with the loom. Where the electric windows plug into the connections in the A pillar on mine the connector only had 3 wires in to it but the one from car the electrics came from had 5 cables leading to the connection plug. Have you checked this?

Thanks Paul

I have noticed the one of the plugs check out but the other one has 3 extra wire to it... now i know whats going on!
I have to somehow wire the 3 missing wires to where ever they need to go to complete the circuit. After taking some time looking over the Haynes manual wiring diagram I found out what needs to be done

The missing wires are:
Red/White
Light green
Yellow

According to the haynes manual wiring diagram:-
Red/White wire needs to be connected to the other side door UP button which seems easy
Light green wire goes to the door lock timer to both sides
Yellow wire goes to F12 fuse then goes to ignition

I dont think ill be able to remove the wiring from the Super S which has central locking and electric windows as its all bunched up with so many other wires its ridiculous! So im thinkin i might have a go at making my own wires and see how it goes.

Does anyone know where the door lock timer is by any chance?

Thanks again all, hope i get this sorted

Back