D'you think dizzy's to blame in the vid?

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
Just recorded this video of the engine noise :/ recently had to do the T/B fix twice again but seems to be fixed... NOW this.... car's done 60K 95'reg 1.0L k11

Hope it shows below :

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid267.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fii296%2Ffunky2nite%2F20102011079.mp4">

How did you conclude that mate? the reason I'm focusing on the distributor is cos it's from where it appears to be emerging from the noise. And What I'm really interested in is the TIcking sound, which in reality literally the sound was similar to clicks or anything involving electric current......but I'm expecting your opinions as I'm quite an amateur..

cheers guys!
Ian - Malta

That is HT discharge sound ... mind what you touch cos it will give you a good electric belt lol ....
Could be dizzy cap/leads/rotor arm .....

Be worth changing rotor and dizzy cap to start with .....

As you hear the clicking noise the engine slows as its missed a spark ... High Tension leak ......

From the sound i would guess its happening within the Dizzy cap ........
Check all HT connections and make sure they are good and clean ..... including spark plug end. Check inside of cap for crud and wear of rotor arm etc ..... and check where the dizzy cap connects to the coil tower again making sure its clean ..... mines was missing a spring which encouraged a white powder build up.

How did you conclude that mate? the reason I'm focusing on the distributor is cos it's from where it appears to be emerging from the noise. And What I'm really interested in is the TIcking sound, which in reality literally the sound was similar to clicks or anything involving electric current......but I'm expecting your opinions as I'm quite an amateur..

cheers guys!
Ian - Malta

sorry mate when i heard it last night i could,nt hear a ticking noise :( ............. must be my ears cos i just slightly hear it now sorry mate ......me bad :doh:

MR TONYSLX is frickin INCREDIBLE - He was like my bible in such 'troubling micra moments' ! Super right indeed was his diagnosis! I'm quite aware that several users might ask similar questions, but taking time to answer might mean the world for a person like I am..

Honestly I was so upset I thought of the micra getting at it's final years cause of the symptoms having become slightly severe at mornings...and first though that crossed my mind was the say about micra engines being bullet proof.. I'm sure there have their ways to stick with their own legacy!

Thanks again Ton, and Micrasportsclub!
Hope to be able in contributing in anyway possible guys...
My 'good' thing's that I take lots of pics as I'm a photo lover and after this thread I'm gonna post the photos of the diagnosis following Tony's help.

Ian - MALTA(Y)

Back