dyno tunez - what can they do?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
So, I went to DynoTunez yesterday and setup a meeting on wednesday with turbo, now this sounds great but can anyone tell me what exactly they do besides dyno tuning?

More importantly has anyone had work done there? How was the service etc..

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Today I went and had a long chat to someone from dynotunz, (not turbo though, Ph call later i hope). I told him my situation, I have a full suspension system, and whiteline handling system about to be installed and am left with approx 2k to spend. I explained that within a years time I want a turbo setup.

He suggested that with 2grand to spend right now I should try and stretch it to fit in a new upgraded T/B and AFM, Exhaust including hiflow cat - 2.5" piping and straight through muffler all stainless mandrel bent (recommended not getting headers since i would need turbo heads fabricated eventually), custom intake, And finally a new ECU specifically because of eventual turbo.

If that all fits into 2k with installation I'm going to be one happy chap. Here's hoping :)

All at DynoTunz btw...

As for the ecu, I'm thinking Microtech LT10s and maybe also the X4 ignition module. Anyone heard good or bad things about these?

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
i ran that ecu on my skyline. it was a wonderful thing. but if you think you cxan get all that done for 2k your kidding yourself unless you do most the labour at home. The ga15 tb and injectors are 370 un fitted and tuned a high flow cat these days are over 150 plus the cat back exhaust would be over 600 for mild steel crush bent not to mention custom intake.

But give it a shot. If you look though some pics on here and find a intake you like should be easy to sort out. the exhaust will set you back though.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
thanks for the info sikK11, so more realistically could i get the ECU, throttle body and injectors installed, intake, and cat- back done and all tuned for 3,5k? Cause i can stretch that far in 3 weeks. also is it ok to install the new T/B and injectors first? Or should i just wait to do everything...

thanks.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
fred, is that a definate? Can we get some sort of consensus on this?

I've read through a heap of the messages on here re: the ga15 t/b install, extractors, injectors, fuel pressure regulators etc, but end up confused...

I haven't looked back through it for a while, so I'm sorry if I might have missed something. But from memory people seem to suggest that running just the extractors may risk the engine running a bit lean. Or running just the bigger t/b risks the running lean.

Others say it is just fine with the ga15 t/b with no risk of leaning out, then some say to get the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or to go the bigger injectors to allow for more fuel... I'm pretty sure you've got the JayCar digital fuel adjuster installed too.

lol. there seems to be different opinions depending on who posts, and what future plans people have for their car. Pierce is looking to go turbo at some point, so has more to consider.

I guess my question is, if somebody is happy with a budget NA build, with extractors and exhaust, the ga15 t/b, the bigger injectors, and a pod filter or something, all that needs to be done other than fitting it all is to adjust the idle? The factory ECU will do the rest?

Sorry for the hijack Pierce :)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
no probs on the hijack daily, im actually rather interested as to whether or not i can have the throttle body and injectors (sr20 stuff) installed this wednesday without putting in a new ECU yet, more strapped on cash than i thought i would be... ( shouldn't have bought whiteline kit and springs and shocks all at once lol ).

On another note, I just purchased the haynes manual for my micra and the whiteline kit is sittin in my room, springs n shocks on the way..
Will the manual give me guides on how to change all these items? cause I definitely don't want to pay a shop to install them. I'm too overspent already.

Finally, I've heard about squeaky joints on the whiteline kit, what kind of grease should i get to minimise this problem and is there any other stuff I might need and have overlooked for home install?

Thanks,
Pierce.

hi mate... we are actually "Dyno Tunz" :p (doesn't make sense.. i know)

as i said on the phone this afternoon mate, we can organise a catback exhaust, intake and sr20 t/b upgrade for you.. and supply/install/tune an ems stinger for you.. brennan is rounding up pricing for you and will let you know the cost asap.. but around the 3k mark for the ecu fitted and tuned, stainless mandrel bent catback, sr20t/b etc is closer to the money you'll be looking at. we can also install all your whiteline gear for you.. don't be scared to come down and get a quote.. you might not think its worth doing yourself..

as for the ga15 t/b and injectors upgrade.. if your definate on going turbo later on.. don't waste your time with that upgrade.. yeh.. it'll go better.. but your not going to get any massive gains out of it...

all our work is quality.. and reasonably priced.. to cheap even compared to other workshops. next time you come down i'll try and show you some of our work.. just this week has been pretty hectic with everyone coming in and wanting there car back for the jamboree this weekend. short answer to can we install the sr20 t/b and a different afm with the stock ecu.. NO.. yes it can be done.. but the car will run very lean and A; be dangerous for the engine.. and B; lose power.

oh... and dens.. i've sent you a pm

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
thanks turbo, alright then how about this Wednesday coming, I bring all my whiteline gear, shocks n springs etc, and after those are installed, we talk about what to do next cause after an unexpected bill to pay, it's about a month till i have 3k saved up again!

Thanks for the awesome reply :)
And hopefully we get this site cleaned up sooner rather than later :(

Pierce WROTE:

"thanks turbo, alright then how about this Wednesday coming, I bring all my whiteline gear, shocks n springs etc, and after those are installed, we talk about what to do next cause after an unexpected bill to pay, it's about a month till i have 3k saved up again!<BR><BR>Thanks for the awesome reply :)<BR>And hopefully we get this site cleaned up sooner rather than later :(

so your booked in for this coming wednesday? sorry.. i can't remember the dates :(.. if so i'll see you then.. have a chat to you then regarding everything else.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Thanks for that info turbo march, I'm not interested in going turbo on my micra. I have that t/b stalling and hesitation issue again after replacing the original with a second hand one. It's gone fine for a good 6 months or so and I did the resoldering trick when I put it in.

If it is the T/B giving issues again, I may as well upgrade it. I just didn't want to think I'd be having to get anything else installed other than the ga15 t/b and injectors.

Pierce, it will be good to see another turbo project build on here!

daily_ricer WROTE:

"Thanks for that info turbo march, I'm not interested in going turbo on my micra. I have that t/b stalling and hesitation issue again after replacing the original with a second hand one. It's gone fine for a good 6 months or so and I did the resoldering trick when I put it in.<BR><BR>If it is the T/B giving issues again, I may as well upgrade it. I just didn't want to think I'd be having to get anything else installed other than the ga15 t/b and injectors.<BR><BR>Pierce, it will be good to see another turbo project build on here!

yes you can just bolt the ga15 t/b and injectors in.. but whats to say they won't last 6 months too? its just a gamble you have to take.. from my experience, every micra i've fitted the ga15 t/b to has always had a slight hesititaion on part throttle somewhere in the midrange.

Back