Dyno Shootout

CMF_c-red

» CMF Member
We've recently installed a new Dyno Dynamics 2wd twin retarder dyno and in an amusing effort to christen it we ran our 2 Micras back to back in shootout mode.
The silver workshop hack ('95 lx) which has a Lukey backbox and an HKS Pod made 71.9hp at the wheels. My blue 5 door which is bone stock apart from a K&N pod made 61.9hp. Not bad figures considering the silver car has done 260 something though and mine 160.
We decided to try and crack 100hp at the wheels on a stock bottom end before the new motor goes in mine.
I have videos which I'll put up on youtube tomorrow.
Jash

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
haha yeah nice!!... your not in sydney tho are you... im looking for some1 to dyno my car n tune it.....

does the silver one have a full exhaust or just muffler?
vids would be sick tho!!

i'd be interested to see the results too.. i'd say nissanmania's car makes alot more then it has on other dyno's.. sodaniels made 64.5kw if i remember, and that's almost 88hp @wheels if my calculations are correct, motec, more compression/bigger cams has to be worth more then 7hp!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
jash id love to bring mine down sometime and get my SAFC neo tuned would you's guys be willing to tune it for me?

i havnt had it properly tuned on a dyno since the cams and GA15 injectors went in so no idea what sorta power its making

CMF_c-red

» CMF Member
Paul,
Tuesday is fine - what time where you thinking?
Maat,
No probs - just give me a call on 9356 1822 and we'll book it in.
Jash

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"i'd be interested to see the results too.. i'd say nissanmania's car makes alot more then it has on other dyno's.. sodaniels made 64.5kw if i remember, and that's almost 88hp @wheels if my calculations are correct, motec, more compression/bigger cams has to be worth more then 7hp!

Yea ur right Turbs
right now i got 64.5 KWATW and aroundabouts of 88HP

CMF_c-red

» CMF Member
My Blue car is now making 72.2whp thanks to the addition of some Hurricane extractors and a Greddy PEII rear exhaust. Its feels a lot better, but still a little like it has a cork in it. Used the standard mid exhaust section from the cat to the rear box.
My guys have come up with some truly wicked solutions for induction and tuning - stand by...
Jash

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
c-red WROTE:

"My Blue car is now making 72.2whp thanks to the addition of some Hurricane extractors and a Greddy PEII rear exhaust. Its feels a lot better, but still a little like it has a cork in it. Used the standard mid exhaust section from the cat to the rear box.

My guys have come up with some truly wicked solutions for induction and tuning - stand by...

Jash

giggitty, intake mods

CMF_c-red

» CMF Member
Marcus whacked a light tune into the blue car today. Found another 6 horse, so currently at 78.2hp. Oddly there doesnt appear to be any massive restriction in the system - it still feels a bit plugged up though...I'm not 100% sure where its is...
Jash

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
c-red WROTE:

"My Blue car is now making 72.2whp thanks to the addition of some Hurricane extractors and a Greddy PEII rear exhaust. Its feels a lot better, but still a little like it has a cork in it. Used the standard mid exhaust section from the cat to the rear box.<BR>My guys have come up with some truly wicked solutions for induction and tuning - stand by...<BR>Jash

wouldnt this be the problem?? the stock mid section?? that would be like forcing all the exhaust gas into a funnel and restricting flow....

like to see your solutions too!! sounds good!

CMF_c-red

» CMF Member
We just didnt have time to do the mid section. Its restrictive for sure. There are just so many bends in such a small area - no wonder most people dont change it.
Paul, had thought about turboing it, but as you well know, there is no substitute for cubes...

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
booked in for monday at 12, it'll be interesting what power i make.. atm im contemplating pissing the aircon off and getting some decent headers as the ones i got a pretty ghey and not exactly super free flowing cause they have to fit around the alternator so i might do a before and after

Back