Dyno OBD2 reader for windows laptop

ive seen a few products claiming to plug and play any windows laptop to a cars ecu to give out a full dyno display

how easy is this to do and is anyone using such devices?

sorry r-reg-sr,,,,ive asked if anyone's using a such a gadget and youve posted back,,,,,,'all readings and dials' and 'full data readings on laptop'

what are you trying to tell me mate?,,,because your not making any sense

R-reg doesn't always make sense but I think he's asking if the ones you've seen are comprehensive packages or very basic.
as Paul Smith replied, even if they claim it, may not be compatible or give the readings you were hoping for.

Id say contact the seller and check feedback/reviews ;)

I'm sure @pollyp has a laptop obd set up, perhaps he may be able to answer better?

Datascam get me a while lot of reading on a display. But its pretty much useless unless you know what ur doing ... Cough... I don't know ****. you have to have purpose to needed them. Your phrase dyno display seems pretty much made up. You get a display of virtual guagee showing you what the carious senssoors and ECU functions are doing

sorry r-reg-sr,,,,ive asked if anyone's using a such a gadget and youve posted back,,,,,,'all readings and dials' and 'full data readings on laptop'

what are you trying to tell me mate?,,,because your not making any sense

why I couldn't explain it as chris has...I don't know probably not university material me.Excuse me Gaz.

sorry mate i was getting blagged for sec as this sort of stuff is above my station also,,,,to be honest i just want to act like Brian O'connor with a laptop on my passenger seat,shouting and swearing and slamming it shut when i loose a race!!!

chris,without looking for the gadget again it states it can turn warning lights off and do all sorts of magicery trickery stuff,,,,other than that i havnt a foggy and 'dyno display' must of just popped out

so all in all there a waste of time if your not wanting to get technical?

Back