Drugs

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
300,000 Australians smoke pot each day.How many more pop pills etc. How many drive cars while stoned to any degree.
Scary stuff and great to see the cops now concentrating on drugs as well as drink driving.
Drug scene gradually getting worse and all the crimes associated with it plus all the scrambled brains/ personality disorders that go with it.
Anyway thats my opinion.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Both my parents work in a hospital and they recon the place is full of people that have fried their brains on drugs. The amount of personality disorders (esp. the jesus disorder) is growing at a scary rate

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Nope it was a news article today. 300,000 Aussies smoke it every day. How many more smoke it on an irregular basis ??
In my day it was something that an odd person smoked and the grade of weed around was far less potent than the strains around now.Now they say that even if you give it up it has scramled your brain depending on your usage.
Oh well I will stick to my drug which are sitting in the carport.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah lots of losers in this country unfortunately.

Doesn't bother me if they want to muck themselves up, only thing that does is when they end up having busted up random crazy brains and then that affects other good, decent, strong people when they drive like crazy nutters or go off the deep end without notice. Lots of people with the permanently stuffed up moody/crazy brains everywhere thesedays unfortunately. But you can pick them a mile off.

Never had a single puff of a cigarette.

Recreational drugs are for the weak. Real highs are where its at.

Always annoys me to even waste time writing sentences like this about losers :)

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
I'm with you on this cisco, it's quite funny actually there's been a huge debate over on the MSC about drugs etc, except people seem a lot more defensive of them over here lol

In my opinion, people who think they need drugs to be happy/content/whatever the hell they call it are sad, i'm perfectly happy without cigarettes, or drugs and I plan to keep it that way.

Okay i'm sure we all enjoy the odd drink from time to time ;) but it's not the same sort of thing :)

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hmmm...those of us that smoke always seem to cop a negative comment or two...let me just say this...I could smoke a whole pack of cigarettes and not cause a car accident, unlike the misconception that its ok to have a beer or two then jump in your car and drive, not to mention the drug takers who do the same thing. The scary part is not knowing who is out there driving around under the influence, and in spite of the stiff fines and penalties deterring these offenders, the judges let them go back out on to the streets. One guy I know has gone DD 9 times, the last time to keep himself out of jail, he stated to the judge that he was in fact an alcoholic and needed rehab. Yep, you guessed it, rehab failed and he's out there drinking and driving. The system fails serial offenders like him.

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
Now that's one thing that really irritates me, drunk drivers. I have no sympathy for them. My friends Micra (K10) just sustained a massive hit to the side cos some idiot thought he could control his car under the influence of alcohol.

My uncles friend was also killed in an accident with a drunk driver, the drunkard survived. Scum. Sub-human scum.

Incidentally, I wasn't having a dig at smokers, I have friends that smoke and have no problem with it, it's just not for me :)

James.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
hahah this is funny, ppl don't have to smoke, or do drugs to be strange or weird or moody??
Everybodies different, and some can appear strange or whatever without even touching drugs (nobody here of course) :p

besides that recreational drugs have done good things for us, who here LOVES music???

well if you don't think drug have done good things, throw away all your favourite music, because you know what? all/most of those musicaians that created that great music thats enhanced your lifes throughout the years....
rrrrrrrrrrrrreally high on drugs!!!

lol

Each to their own...AS LONG AS YOUR NOT HURTING ANYONE ELSE.

"lifes a waste of time and times a waste of life, so get wasted and have the time of your life."
quote from Billy Connolly.

oh theres a good reason why Brits will defend drugs....its a dull, damp, dingy place where anything that will inpsire happiness is a godsend:p

peace man:p

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I agree with matty.

If people want to binge drink/get high that's their business.

It only becomes part of our business when they start doing things which affect us. Like driving while under the influence of their weed/powder/stubby.

Alot of people don't realise it but there's a fair whack of medical drugs which can slow your senses, reactions and mental processing capacity.

In saying that though..

There's alot of responsible drinkers and drug users out there. I know one or two recreactional users myself. Its their choice, they seem to enjoy it and I know they don't do anything silly after it (like go for a drive to get booze).

unfortunately as usual there's a few knobs who manage to ruin it for everyone.

PS: I don't smoke any sort of substance (other than charlotte, her interior scent seems to give me a high) and I am certainly not a big fan of alcholic drinks.

*goes off to listen to some more Rolling Stones...*

cisco

» CMF Member
Agree. Not having a dig at smokers. Just never been interested in even trying it - there was nothing about it that attracted me. Smoking is fine, except for the rude people who stand directly outside a shopping centre exit and let it blow all over you as you walk in and out. That is deadset rude :) At least with alcohol, it doesn't fall out of your glass and tip into someone else's mouth even when they don't want to drink it. I respect the good smokers who deliberately walk a little bit out of the way so their smoke doesn't blow on other people.

I reckon do whatever you want to yourself, as long as you can guarantee you won't be having any negative impacts on society.

Yeah totally agree Matty re:music. Its all made while people are off their heads.

Just as long as drug users don't end up with melted brains and they cause a car accident with innocent people, or they end up on the dole because they can't work any more, and my tax pays for it etc etc. I don't want a society full of people who had the highs of their life while they were young, and then when they are 50, they are in public mental homes, and my tax is paying for it because of their drug use.

People need to think a little more about "what do I contribute to society and this country" rather than "how can I get high for the 2 seconds of my life - all about me me me". Because you're only going to come down off the high sometime, and then you're going to need more of it. Like: "Hmm if I took these drugs for the next 5, 10 or 20 years, would that have any kind of impact on my brain, i.e. would I become a fraction slower or less-alert?" If so, then you're more of a risk to other drivers on the roads etc just because of some long term use eating at your brain. Why should someone clean not into drugs have to drive around with other sub-brained people who *may* have a higher chance or causing an accident?

You can take drugs and dream that you're powering around in a 150fwkw micra like some crazy trip, or you can just go and build a real one, and its still there each day after you wake up.

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
I think the main thing is people just being responsible for their actions when they drive whether or not they have drunk/smoked/taken anything. Driving tired is dangerous, speeding is dangerous, not wearing a seatbelt is dangerous, changing cds while driving can be dangerous, typing sms when driving is dangerous, taking anything that alters your judgement and reactions is dangerous.
Trying to argue whether drugs/alcohol/smoking is good or bad is pointless and from past experience everyone just gets annoyed it it seems to be better to agree to disagree. I think people should just respect others, don't pressure people who arent interested and don't put crap on those that do use/drink/smoke. :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Oh and yeah. Drink drivers totally suck for sure. That's not on.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Ive lost a couple good mates due to drugs :(

Either thru death or simply the destruction of their personality.

One really bothers me is that people know who the dealers are, yet theyre protected by corruption so they simply dont get the punishment they deserve. Sure theres going to be another dealer pop up after you take down one, but once you get rid of all the legs on the octopus, its left with nothing.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Problem is, people start soft then get further in with bad crowds and a persons perseption of responisbility gets hazy. Once theyre in a bad crowd its very very hard to say "No. Not anymore."

Sure its all fine and dandy in hollywood movies and such, but its a very rare occurance in real life.

Back