downloaded films

A

Addict

if i was too dwnload a film of the net n it was in .avi format would i have to find a codec or sumin to make it run??

Assuming you are talking about legitametly downloaded publicly downloadable films that are all above-board and do not violate any copyright laws:

Try DivX or XviD

But only if what you downloaded is legal ;)

James :)

get VLC player (videolan) works great with many formats without any extra codecs can be used to even play ogm files n such type a search in google its a freeware dl

i'm currently trying to do similar things. i've tried using DVD Santa which does the lot all in one programme. But it took 3 minutes to convert 1 minute of footage, so it would have taken about 36 hours in total to convert what i wanted :(

anyone any idea why it takes so long? i've tried the conversion with cucosoft too and it's converting at a crappy 6fps. why is it so slow?

you will always need a powerfull cpu to encode to mpeg2. There is an awful lot to codecs. Far to much to go into here.

if you want to convert a film you've (legitimately, of course) downloaded to dvd format so you can burn to dvd and watch in your play use WinAVI Video Convertor - http://www.winavi.com/. takes about 35-45 minutes to convert a 90 minute film :D

True though youll never get DVD quality unless you buy the DVD and its pretty clear this is intended for copyright covered films.

Does anyone have any similar recommendations for something to rip DVDs to pc? For legitimate backup reasons obviously...

so you can legitimately be illegal?
i took a photo of the message in the cinema telling me not to use a camera but thats about as far as my copyrite law breakings go

No, because I own DVDs but not a DVD player. I want to encode them on a friend's pc so I can watch them. If I had the money I would buy a DVD player... And a TV as I don't own one of them either. But I don't. :( Legitimate enough? :)

When players can be brought for less than DVDs now - not really lol

Another question?
Whats the best program to encode to DivX including ripping my DVD's?

And if I have to defend my reason (which is stupid as I'm innocent till proven guilty) is that I'm planning to get a DVD DivX player (portable if possible) so I don't have to run the risk ruining my DVD's like I do for my CD's in the car

as far as im aware you can make backups, but they have to be kept in the same building as the original or in a building owned by the same person... or something like that :p

Back