Distributor cap for k11 1.4 -01

Hello!
As a proud owner of a micra 1.4 (CGA3DE) I suspect that the distributor cap might be damaged. The problem is that I can't seem to find it. It is supposed on right side of the engine if I am not mistaken?

What I thought was the distributor doesn't have the five leads going into it from the spark plugs. From the spark plug coils, the leads goes back and under the air filter and haven't really figured out where they go.

Background
The reason I suspect the distributor cap being bad is that it is hard to start in cold and damp weather. I have always managed to get it running, either with a little tap on the accelerator, or having the key turnt all the way and not letting go until the car is moving a couple of km/h.

My questions are the following:
Any ideas of what the issue might be?
Does my model have a regular distributor cap?

Thank you!

Hello!
As a proud owner of a micra 1.4 (CGA3DE) I suspect that the distributor cap might be damaged. The problem is that I can't seem to find it. It is supposed on right side of the engine if I am not mistaken?

What I thought was the distributor doesn't have the five leads going into it from the spark plugs. From the spark plug coils, the leads goes back and under the air filter and haven't really figured out where they go.

Background
The reason I suspect the distributor cap being bad is that it is hard to start in cold and damp weather. I have always managed to get it running, either with a little tap on the accelerator, or having the key turnt all the way and not letting go until the car is moving a couple of km/h.

My questions are the following:
Any ideas of what the issue might be?
Does my model have a regular distributor cap?

Thank you!
Hey buddy, yours is a coil pack ....yes (?) no distributor.
Probably your leads breaking down, or faulty coilpacks.

Hey buddy, yours is a coil pack ....yes (?) no distributor.
Probably your leads breaking down, or faulty coilpacks.

Hello!
Thanks for the response. I guess I´ll start with the changing to new leads. Would you happen to know if it is tricky to get the leads off, thinking about "the other end" of the leads, no where they go into the coilpack?

What spark plugs you running? Bosch can cause starting problems or old or damaged/ incorrectly adjusted spark plugs
And yeah its a coil pack model with it been a cga3de
Does the car struggle to turn over
And it maybe just suffering from the coil pack breaking down / damaged its easy to change the whole unit , does the car run ruff or not rev properly (not smooth and splutters up to the limiter)
Also what's the milage?

What spark plugs you running? Bosch can cause starting problems or old or damaged/ incorrectly adjusted spark plugs
And yeah its a coil pack model with it been a cga3de
Does the car struggle to turn over
And it maybe just suffering from the coil pack breaking down / damaged its easy to change the whole unit , does the car run ruff or not rev properly (not smooth and splutters up to the limiter)
Also what's the milage?

I recently changed all of them to NGK spark plugs, unfortunatly the issue remained. When I changed the spark plugs I couldn´t see anything that looked broken with the coil pack, but maybe it is something that cannot be seen with just the eye? Sometimes when I try to start it and it doesn´t work on the first try, I could hear while trying that it wasn´t gonna start on that try, if that makes any sense. While running I can´t hear anything sounding wrong, so no, not running ruff and never any problems with reving it up. The car has only done 83000 km.

thats a cga3de that had a lazy starter motor and also worn bearings (only got 69k miles so 110k km on it roughly)

coil packs normally look ok even if broke only way to test is do a resistance check but i dont know the figures for the k11
checked the condition of the fused/ relays next to the battery? may have corrosion or somthing like that

i do know what you mean tho ive had k11 1.0 coil packs which seem to take a lot to start but found them to have dodgy coil packs and bosch spark plugs
another maybe fuel ,has it had the fuel filter done and another maybe the maf just swapped mine in the 1.4 cause it was a pig to start and once running would bork out at times like a old carb ,just try it by disconnecting it
those are just ideas

thats a cga3de that had a lazy starter motor and also worn bearings (only got 69k miles so 110k km on it roughly)

coil packs normally look ok even if broke only way to test is do a resistance check but i dont know the figures for the k11
checked the condition of the fused/ relays next to the battery? may have corrosion or somthing like that

i do know what you mean tho ive had k11 1.0 coil packs which seem to take a lot to start but found them to have dodgy coil packs and bosch spark plugs
another maybe fuel ,has it had the fuel filter done and another maybe the maf just swapped mine in the 1.4 cause it was a pig to start and once running would bork out at times like a old carb ,just try it by disconnecting it
those are just ideas

Thanks for the video, mine however does not sound like that at all. Those times when it won´t start (has only happened a couple of times this year) it sounds like its turning but not igniting. Those times when it dies as soon as i release the key it sounds perfectly fine until I release the key.
Gonna check the fuses however. The fuel filter I have never checked (only had the car for little over a year). Is it okay to start it without the fuel filter you mean?

I really appreciate all of your responses! :)

well it could be a blocked fuel filter would just get a new one they are not expensive
and just try it without the maf connected its the big plug on the right hand side of the car just under the airbox
cause those can cause problems
but it kinda sounds like possibly fuel or spark problems

Back