Digital SLR

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi guys

I was looking at a new digital camera earlier as mine's pretty crap in certian conditions, and i've had your average point and click camera for a few years and thought i'd step up.

Ive been looking at a Canon Eos D350 (Rebel XT) and it looks pretty cool, Light, 8 mega pixels, loads of funky options that im after such as 30sec shutter speed etc. Has anyone got / used one of these?

I was reading a website earlier about them and looking at example pictures and it looks pretty impressive too, but just curious to know what others think of it, or can anyone recommend any alternatives!

Hey i used to use a canon rebel at my last work place they are great! Easy to use and take great photos without too many complications!!

Its much better than the oposition in user friendlynest, i cannot fault it at all. But i used to use it loads over 2years ago maybe there are better cameras out now.

Type-R said:
Hey i used to use a canon rebel at my last work place they are great! Easy to use and take great photos without too many complications!!

Its much better than the oposition in user friendlynest, i cannot fault it at all. But i used to use it loads over 2years ago maybe there are better cameras out now.

well the good thing about it not being the latest thing on the market means its cheaper. Ive seen one for £400 with a lense and a few other accessories. On some sites, brand new they cost more than £400 for the body alone so it sounds like a good deal! I dont really want to fork out too much as im saving up for other things, but i really want to step up. the camera i have (finepix 2600) you can buy now on ebay for twenty quid!! lol.

Cheers for the reply tho, sounding good so far!

Hi Arnold.

I have a Panasonic DMC FZ10

Great camera I think, not exactly an SLR and probably wont quite compete with the likes of the EOS, but I bought mine for £200 early last year which I was pretty happy with for what I use it for.

Theres probably a newer version in the same range.

It depends what you are taking photos of? Do you *really* need an SLR? If so the Canon EOS leads the market I understand.

Whats your budget?

Edit: mines something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-Lum...ryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, id like to be able to take sport shots without the target ending up in about 6 different places, or one long blur! Also the same for car racing. I'd also like to be able to take close ups, scenaric, sunrise/sunset, animals and possible night shots, just various stuff really!

Ive also read the Rebel is a good SLR for beginners wishing to learn more, and its more than capable of taking decent pictures. If i get anything less, i just have a feeling i'l be looking to upgrade again in a few years time!

I dont really have a budget, but im not looking at spending silly money like a grand etc! Maybe £400ish, slightly more, it depends! I have a few things on my shopping list at the moment

i reconmended my last company to buy a rebel then i took it home and had loads of fun!

try some others out on the market to see which suits you best before you buy, jessops will let you go through thier range and will help you out, then go and buy it somewhere else.

Yeah i think i'l do just that. My local jessops isnt very big tho and last time i went, had alot of point and shoot cameras for general people, but im just looking for that little bit extra!

I found this picture that the Rebel took and im quite impressed!

(see attached)

Attachments

• IMG_0368_photonet.jpg
    IMG_0368_photonet.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 200
i've got an olympus E-300, kinda regreting buying it as although the camera is great, lenses are a fortune as it's new technology.

A friend use to have the cannon but swapped it for (i think) an E-1 or an E-200... not sure .... anyway.

The camera is only half the problem, you then have to afford lenses for what style photo's your after.

Back