Detailing day today

Paint was in a pretty poor state, camera pics hid a lot of it, but lots of swirls and scratches all over. After washing and claying yesterday it got a quick foam before the polishing process.

002pu.jpg

Quick snow foam.
003skv.jpg

The weapon of choice today was.
007zip.jpg

i did alter the combo to a wool pad as some of the swirls and scratches were taking way to long to remove.

Some scuffing on the rear.
005vxd.jpg

Roof was worst area for some reason.
008xnx.jpg

009ebx.jpg

and bonnet.
012wd.jpg

The roof after two passes with the machine.
016cr.jpg

the bonnet.
018qe.jpg

The bonnet again, scratches and swirls a thing of the past and the shine as it should be.
019kf.jpg

now just to put the alloys on hopefully tomorrow :)
021ked.jpg

looks great! im going to invest in a polishing machine too i think because manually trying to do this with bare hands is a big drain on time and overall finish imo.

If new with a machine a dual action polisher may be the way to go (its what i started with and still have it) The Flex i use now is a rotary and costs around £380 :eek: but its very light, very quiet and easy to use. Same results can be achieved with any DA though (dual action)

Just an example of what can be achieved with a machine and some knowledge :cool:

my boat after i wet sanded it :eek:
picture266l.jpg

After a lot of polishing:cool: The torch is to spot swirls.
picture327o.jpg

this is an example on my Navara
picture788.jpg

The specs you now see is the fleck in the metalic
picture789.jpg

If new with a machine a dual action polisher may be the way to go (its what i started with and still have it) The Flex i use now is a rotary and costs around £380 :eek: but its very light, very quiet and easy to use. Same results can be achieved with any DA though (dual action)

:eek::eek: how much lol.......more than a paid for me car....wot u clean the engine bay with....

done a hell of a job on the paint...wot did u use to get them scratches out got the same marks on roof n bonnet....av used t cut but wont touch em....

done a hell of a job on the paint...wot did u use to get them scratches out got the same marks on roof n bonnet....av used t cut but wont touch em....

I've got the same marks too. Gonna have to get meself a DA polisher at some point. I'd love to have nice shiny paintwork.:)

Just double posted on my phone some how. If you are trying to remove scratches by hand the swirl X from halfords may do the job but not if scratches are deep. Nothing will put enough heat into the polish to get it to work as its supposed to.

Back