Dashboard light?

R

runaway-robot

Can anyone tell me what the (P) on the dashboard stands for?
Its right next to the handbrake light.

Cheers
Matt

On my K11 1.0 'L' they both came on together with the handbrake all the time, I don't actually know what it's to signify. I think it's just Nissan cutting corners

Its a manual.... and i didnt have a clue what it was for. Cheers tho =)

Yea, it does come on when the handbrake is on.

Yes, and I think it was only the first generation of dials that had both on it (The dials that go to 110mph instead of 120)

might have been a little 'Boost' project by one of the designers that didnt take off, The 'P' light in question might be for POWER !!!!!!!!!

When they realised they couldnt afford it they just linked it up the the handbrake.....

lol!

found the two symbols, good old google...
T128298.jpg

brake.gif

lol im going 2 go with paddy lol power sounds more fun! =D

Cheers for the help everyone

Matt

the (P) means the parking brake (handbrake) is on and the (!) normally signifies a braking system warning.

and on my bus the (O) light signifies low friction material

no, its a bit defferent to that james. I'll take a picture next time i see it on

Well ive got an N reg Super S and the P was never there, but u got a ! when u put the handbrake on. Ive just about bought an L reg one... and the ! and the P r there... i was just curious =D lol

Was on the look out for anoter super s for a couple of months lol looked at this one... and ive been wondering all day, what the hell the (P) stood for lol
I can go to work in peace now.

Cheers

Just bought the L reg super s.... and have the manual.... found out what they both mean... :grinning:

one is for your handbrake and the other is to do wif your braking system.i have the two lights on the other day i had to top up the brake fluid then the lights went off

check your pads and the rear shoe's that can trigger the light to go on

its normal in pre facelift it seems for them both to come on to signify handbrake. just changed all led's in mine tho, and yeah my clock cluster is the 110mph one

Back