Dash Board Lamp Change to LED

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
As I had some spare time over the holidays and my Micra wouldn't let me fit some fogs, I decided to replace my radio aerial so I have about 10 radio channels now, also change the bulbs in my dashboard.

I have changed all the Side Light dashboard lights to Blue LED's

thum_4521477e66a3009b6.jpg

I know the Miles/Counter/Clock looks a bit bright but that's because of the camera, it does actually look cool.

ive done this to, but the needle dosnt light up to well on mine so i have trouble reading what speed im doing in the dark lol :unclesam:

Blake, what you can do is (Depending on what K Micra and Year) the bottom of the cowl there is two lips you could place 2 more LED's in there to light up the entire Dash.

look pretty now but they will look crap in a months time becuase LEDs do nothing but blow.

Doesnt matter what leds u got, cheap ebay, expensive ultraleds, they are ALL ####.

best of luck

glad it looks good for now tho :) mine did once lol

Prism ones are great, the quad LED ones. I have installed them in 3 cars so far without fault, don't buy ebay crap cos they will blow.
Chat to pjg1979 he'll sort you out.

look pretty now but they will look crap in a months time becuase LEDs do nothing but blow.

Doesnt matter what leds u got, cheap ebay, expensive ultraleds, they are ALL ####.

best of luck

glad it looks good for now tho :) mine did once lol

I had some UltraLED ones in my K11 and they've been fine for 2 years :)

same here the LEDs in my dash are all UltraLEDs and they have been good for 3 years.

in theory LEDs shouldn't ever blow, they have no parts that suffer from wear because of the way they work. so if they are blowing it is becuse there is too much voltage.

or if you have some hyper bright ones then you need to have a decent heat sink on it. but setup properly LEDs should outlast the car at the very least.

try a slightly stronger resistor on them. UltraLEDs sell an extra bright resistor and i have found that this blows LEDs alot, so stick to stronger LEDs...10k i think is about standard :)

You are right there Nex, though LED's have around 10,000 hours of life, if they do blow on you it is because they're being over voltaged or the resistor is the wrong size.

Back