Dash LED

Hi, new to the forum :)

Just got a Micra and would like to change the dash led, not to keen on the orange.
Is this possible? I have had a look around online and not seen much for the K12, how do I get access to the dials to change it and what LED's are the best to use?

Thanks alot!

Hi, mine has faded backlight problem; I have found a speedo repair company in my country that says they can fix it; so I guess it can be done (not sure about changing of the colour though ). try googling speedometer repair and see what you can find where you are.

@Hooky
Thanks will try that if I cant get anywhere doing it myself. :)

@12h
Cheers for the link, do you know how to get into the dials? I've looked at a spare dash dial set on eBay and seen where the LED's go but unsure how to go about getting into the dials to replace the bulbs.

Also I have read online that the Micra K12 has a orange tint to the lines on rev counter/speed so that it will always appear orange no matter what LED's are behind it. Can anyone confirm this?

And does anyone know if it is possible to get into the heater panel to change the LED's behind that?

I've Swapped the heater control dials for LEDs on my K11. The original bulbs were both blown.
It was easy in concept but really hard to get my fingers in to push the leds in to their holders as heater cable was very short coming through dash and stopped the controls twisting about so had to reach behind and try slot LED in. May be easier on k12, but I dont know.
I used LED strip as backlight for instrumentcluster. Easy to solder in. Post is here:

Back