crying over spilt milkshake...

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
sorry for poor thread guys, but i've had enough...

i always have to hold milkshake/drinks in my hand as there are no holders available... spilt in me lap today....

i hate using those halfords disc cup holders, cos they look stupid sat in the middle of dash...

has any one thought or come up with a clever idea for this... im talkin anything... even if i have to hand make something myself...

ta boys & girls...

p.s K11 96'

all i can really think of is just buy drinks with lids i suppose, or posibally get two bits of string, tie it round a cup holder then get like paper clips or something, they wack the paper clips in the heater with the cup holder dangling from it, then when u are not using it simply unclip and job done, should work ok i suppose :S

Glenn said:
all i can really think of is just buy drinks with lids
Doesn't help mate, on the way to Japshow i spilt a WHOLE cup of coffee on my lap - those lids come off really easily. Also gummed up all my stereo controls too :(

I blame Costa Coffee at Clacket Lane services on the M25 :( Get better cup lids!!

James said:
Glenn said:
all i can really think of is just buy drinks with lids
Doesn't help mate, on the way to Japshow i spilt a WHOLE cup of coffee on my lap - those lids come off really easily. Also gummed up all my stereo controls too :(

I blame Costa Coffee at Clacket Lane services on the M25 :( Get better cup lids!!

lol, i was on about the lids on like bottles of water, but the cups for coffee etc are really badly made, isnt really much else they can do for them really though.

i put the drinks between the handbrake and the seats, its a tight fit so the drinks dont move an if u hae a lid then ur sorted, on cisco's site he bought a jap cup holder, post on the an ask him to show u it, he maybe ablke to get hold of one for u, an they are realy sweet, two drink holders that fit into the pocket underneath ur heat controls in front of ur gear stick, wen u dont need them they just slide inside,an wen u need them, u push it an two holders pop out

Haha was just looking on my phone and found this pic:
[attachment=1336]

Less than a minute after that picture was taken, the contents of the cup in the bottom left of that picture was all over my car and lap! grr

halfords sell those 'type s' cup holders. I think the range is called type S, usually come with blue, red, silver and black styles.

There about £4.99 and will hold can's, milkshake bottles etc etc.

lol @ this thread :p

Kev ;)

buy a racing helmet with intergrated drinks tube. then just pour your favoured drink into the fluid resevoir and sip away at your own pleasure.

Beachboy said:
buy a racing helmet with intergrated drinks tube. then just pour your favoured drink into the fluid resevoir and sip away at your own pleasure.

BINGO, think we have a winner, best idea so far, cant go wrong with a novelty hat. :p

RE: RE: crying over spilt milkshake...

James said:
Less than a minute after that picture was taken, the contents of the cup in the bottom left of that picture was all over my car and lap! grr

No swurprised by the size of the speed bump!! :laugh:

moral of the story... dont drink and drive :p

you can pick up cup holders that loop over the door from like, the pound shop. then you just whip them off and store them under the seat when you need to look cool

i got a drink holder from halfords for 2.50, goes on the door, excellent!, dont newer k11's have a cup holder moluded on the door card?

yeh Jay,the 2000-02 K11's have them moulded into the door cards.

Attachments

• sheerownage.JPG
    sheerownage.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 203
:slm:
thanks all... i checked out cisco's site thanks Swarez... i think there bestr option overall...

butt.. im gonna probably get cheap fix for now like Glen said or just a Halfrauds type S job as a temp fix...

i challenge myself and others alike to manufacture a well designed, fit for purpose, budget, custom single or double cup holder for the k11...

i'm well determined now.... gr,rra... eye of the micra...

ta lads..:laugh:

It would really not be at all hard to knock out a few fibreglass ones, might even do it if I get bored this week...

I have to wedge my cups down he sides of my bucket seats, between the cushion and then outer frame type thing, they stay there ok for me :p

i've just sent a sourcing request through www.japarts.co.uk for the cup holder and dash tray. I'll let you guys know what response i get.

well japarts said they couldn't get them, but also put in an enquiry with www.nipponspares.com so maybe they'll be able to get them. fingers crossed!

Beachboy said:

If you cant get a racing helmet, then here's the next best thing!

1184.jpg

Back