correct plugs?

Hi,
I have a G reg k10 (without the points), it had bpr5es plugs in,and was just a little sluggish to start, I had a set from my scrapped E reg micra (with points) bp6es, I put them in and it starts immediately,and sounds quieter when running, the question is if I get a new set which ones are correct?

Dave.

Captain:

Haynes states Champion RN9YC or RN9YCC

http://www.sparkplugs.com states that the Champion equivelant of

NGK bpr5es (ones from your car) is RN11YC4
&
NGK bp6es (ones from scrapper) is N9YC

according to http://www.spark-plugs.co.uk/pages/technical/champion860-n288.htm the closest match are the onnes from your scrapper ( bp6es ),,,not sure what the speciffic secifcations and differences are for these though...

have fun with your engine with new life given!!!!

you should have ngk bpr5e's that fact your car started better could because you old ones had had it and needed changing

woah!

so it definately sugests that captains originals were just goosed!

any idea what the difference is (spec wise) between the 6's and the 5's?

i dont know anything about spark plugs really...

wheres the best place to buy them? Why not halfords? Are some makes better?

I'd do a search but while the thread is here........

Halfords overcharge for things like this and will try to sell you what they have in rather than ordering in whats best.

Any local motorfactor will be able to get you the NGK plugs that you need (BPR5ES) at a good price, most should have them in stock as i am sure they fit a few older cars.

They are the bigger style plugs and the main diffearnce between the bpr5es and bpr6es is the heat range with the 6's running hotter

Thanks for the replies,I managed to get a set of ngk bp6es plugs,(£5 for 4) and it runs even quieter,if I turn on the fan on to number 1 it's difficult to even hear the engine running.

Dave.

Halfords also sell some bosch plugs for £20 which have 4 little sparky thingys.

Are these any better.

So are bp6es quieter/better than bp5es ?

Im asking because I need to service my car in the next few weeks. Already put the wrong oil in it, wanna get the right plugs :grinning:

I ran with the bosch super 4's for a few years with no problems at all. Although, I think I recall that some members have had failures on these plugs (there's a thrread on this somwhere). Personnally I think this was just unlucky and I would certainly buy them again...my best efficiencies co-incided with when I had these plugs.....but may be that is a coincidence too...its your call.

Havent tried NGK's yet though so im tempted to try out these 6's since im due new plugs this winter anyway

Back