convertible k10??????

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
spotted yesterday blue pre facelift k10 with a convertable materfial roof, (just the roof not the rear window or anything) i spun around but didnt know which way she had driven! i want one for the summer!!! is this a rare k10 or has some one done this as quite an impresive mod????:love:

From what you've just said, it sounds like the Suntop K10. It has an automatic electric roof which folds all the way back. There's quite a few of these around, i almost bought one myself not long ago.

exif.php

exif.php

ye! cheers arnold! they're so cool! i want one!!! ive never seen one before! its crazy ive seen a datsun, a suntop or whatever that was and a gsx with a roof rack, in the same street! the fella with the gsx wouldnt sell me the roof rack though!:glare:

I have this "convertible" version of Micra K10...

although... i'm from Croatia... Hi to all... :blush:

Yeah the suntops are pretty kool. :) Good for summer but not sure what they would be like for security and reliability with it been an old car, still kool though lol.

micra man said:
Yeah the suntops are pretty kool. :) Good for summer but not sure what they would be like for security and reliability with it been an old car, still kool though lol.

I looked to get insurance on one and it was £150 more than a standard model, so they obviously think theyre some risk. It probably wouldnt take much to bend it back or put a knife through it, but i guess thats the risk with all soft top cars.

Probably be very cold in the winter though - not that SviP would notice having -20c winters anyway! lol.

Arnold said:
Probably be very cold in the winter though - not that SviP would notice having -20c winters anyway! lol.

Well yes, but the car heats pretty fast, so it's warm inside, there is no particular heat losses because of the roof....

SammoHung said:
i wonder how many Kg's you save (loose) with the soft top?

it probably wouldnt be all that much, because the softtop has a wind deflector on the front of the roof and obviously the weight of the canvas & motors etc. The roof is quite thin and hollow, so that part alone probably doesnt weigh too much.

Arnold said:
it probably wouldnt be all that much, because the softtop has a wind deflector on the front of the roof and obviously the weight of the canvas & motors etc. The roof is quite thin and hollow, so that part alone probably doesnt weigh too much.

this wind deflector if made from plastic, so.... almost nothing... les than 0.5kg...

by specifications in my car book (oficial document here in croatia) total weight of my micra is 725kg...

didnt they do a k11 with the sun top?i know they did a convertable but nissan only did it in the nissan march, so it was an import only.

Arnold said:

You mean the roof is motorised?...HAHAH I didnt expect that!

I imagined getting out and folding it back by hand....

SviP said:
by specifications in my car book (oficial document here in croatia) total weight of my micra is 725kg....

I have 620Kg (3dr 1.0 manual 1992) with a std sunroof installed

SammoHung said:
You mean the roof is motorised?...HAHAH I didnt expect that

yeah mate, its all electronic! very surprising considering k10's dont have anything else like it e.g. windows or mirrors! (excluding the march)

I have 620Kg (3dr 1.0 manual 1992) with a std sunroof installed

I have a feeling the 1.0 and the 1.2's weigh a different amount, so he might be quoting the 1.2 figure. Then again, the suntop really could weigh alot more for the reason Fordy just said.

Back