March Convertible

Just wondering are these reasonably common or a bit of a rarity?

was at my local scrappy getting some parts for a nixer yesterday morning and seen they have a 1999 march convertible, silver with a 'browny' roof, not taxed or tested but just looked like it wanted some t.l.c.

usually they try to sell on any decent-ish cars before breaking them, i started it and had a good look around, it seems good... they wanted €300.00 for the lot. im fairly broke but im just wondering should i snap it up?

or if anyone needs parts from one, now you know where to find one :D

they can go from anywhere in the region of 2500 to 4000 but thats garage prices private i've seen one go for 1500, theres one up on donedeal now for 2000 but you would probably be better off snapping it up mate because theres not many and if i remember correctly there are a few people on here that were looking for bits, off topic but do you know if they have many pre-facelift k11's because im looking for a few bits and i dont really fancy the drive to kilcock lol.

i might do some snapping tomorrow so :D:D:D i thought it was unusual too see it there for so little, a good clean and a service should see it right, needs a few bits d bobs but nothing crazy :D

yeah its a fairly big site they have, so a fair few micras, cars move fast through there though so even if they dont have what you want they will probably have it in soon after, its not a crap scrappy where you've just got a field full of 'car mountains' its got em all organised on racks, very clean...

its called leon recycling in Arklow, can be quite ignorant and useless to deal with at times tbh but you cant argue with their stock :p

what parts are you after? i could check it out for u

mainly on the lookout for some small bits and bobs but if they had a 1.3 gearbox it would be nice as my own seems to be on the way, a set of clocks with a rev counter for my gfs k11 (non digital type ones), and just really any optional extra's for her car like a spoiler or splitters off a march just little stuff like that if you could take some pics if you see any 'sporty' looking k11s it would be good if you could post them up, cheers mate :)

i'l see what i can do tomorrow and post back here... nothing better than harvesting optional extras from scrappys, i love it :D
but with your gearbox, Naas gearbox do an exchange unit fully recon'd box including vat and delivery for €290 which is pretty reasonable considering you get a warranty with the new box

yeah i'll try them for the gearbox, its hard to get one tho it seems mine is the only 1.3 around lol nobody ever has anything for it, yeah get back to me if you find any goodies there, appreciate it dude

Just wondering are these reasonably common or a bit of a rarity?
was at my local scrappy getting some parts for a nixer yesterday morning and seen they have a 1999 march convertible, silver with a 'browny' roof, not taxed or tested but just looked like it wanted some t.l.c.
usually they try to sell on any decent-ish cars before breaking them, i started it and had a good look around, it seems good... they wanted €300.00 for the lot. im fairly broke but im just wondering should i snap it up?
or if anyone needs parts from one, now you know where to find one :D

Well i ran one for a year with no misdemeanours, and never spotted another one aside from Nex's!
If it's 300 then either snap it up for yourself, or I have a mother who will happily accept spare parts :)
Only trouble with the March Cabs is that they really are hard to replace stuff on. For instance, NeX lost a B pillar trim on the motorway, and was quoted over £300 to get another one from Japan. Uber fun cars though, and CAN sell for up to 4k, but that needs to be an excellent one. I bought a pretty mint one for just over 2k, and have sold it onto my mum for 2k.

If you don't snap it up, I may be interested in some parts from it :)

yeah i'll try them for the gearbox, its hard to get one tho it seems mine is the only 1.3 around lol nobody ever has anything for it, yeah get back to me if you find any goodies there, appreciate it dude
you not interested in using the 1.0 box?

For instance, NeX lost a B pillar trim on the motorway, and was quoted over £300 to get another one from Japan.
ouch... just ouch!

and yesum, if someone else hasnt had it already i'l try to get it but at that price it seems it wont be sitting around too long :S

and if anyone cares, i got a set of T.R.W. front pads, a philips H4 bulb and a nipparts air and oil filter for my k12 today for €31 which i thought is pretty god damn reasonable to say the least :D

you not interested in using the 1.0 box?

no because if i put a 1.0 litre box on to the 1.3 engine i will have to swap driveshafts and so on, plus i will lose speed through a closer gear ratio and i do a good bit of driving on the motorway so i dont want to have to drive like im in a stolen car just to get up to the speed limit lol

because i used to work in that place so i get a good price ;)
sure generally a set of pads is 30-40 and a h4 bulb could be nearly a tenner, so i lwft before he realised he made a mistake :D

woah wait!!! i need parts!!! get me the drivers side door seal PLEASE!! they are worth it, and at that price i personally would buy it just for parts, but it depends on how bad it is and how close it is to being got on the road, but if you can get parts please let me know, i am in NEEED!

UPDATE! it didnt pass the N.C.T. because the underbody is like a teabag with rust! its shocking, so its €300 to buy for spares, it cant be put back on the road...
they said if there was a reasonable amount of interest they would break it, so pm me or just write in here if your interested in parts from it...

UPDATE! it didnt pass the N.C.T. because the underbody is like a teabag with rust! its shocking, so its €300 to buy for spares, it cant be put back on the road...
they said if there was a reasonable amount of interest they would break it, so pm me or just write in here if your interested in parts from it...

posting because i am very interested in parts!

lets see, these are the parts that i would LIKE but maybe cant afford all of them:

door seals, the ones that go round the edge of the door and along the quarter window, the door window has to be wound down to get them out

rear window glass, its made into the hood

all the side window glass, and the motors for the rear quarter windows

dash board, or at the least the guage cluster surround

guages, i am after a blue speedo mainly, but the whole cluster would help

does it have an arm rest? if so that too, and the cup holders

center console surround

glove box

rear quarter panels on the inside, the plastic part that covers all the roof mec

boot lid

boot carpet and all the other carpet in the boot

offside rear light

roof mec and motors and timer box

bit of grey plastic that goes along the top of the windscreen

the fitted carpets if it has them

seats, all of them, with covers if they are in good condition

headlights, air con, cam cover, ABS unit

damn i need to buy this car!

your all the way in sweden?
surely it would be cheaper to bu the whole car, but surely whether you buy the car or just the above parts the cost of getting them to you might outweigh the saving made by buying scrappy parts?

yea well the cost of the parts are stupid, B piller trim cost £300 on its own from nissan, i got a guy in japan to send me one for £50, but its still just a bit of plastic,

i could buy a new car if you could find them anywhere, and that would be a few K just for a car that is going to be stripped, and thats before the transport,

300 euro for a scrap cabriolet is pretty reasonable, i want it so bad but i don't have the money, otherwise i would come over with the A frame and tow it back to sweden!

eyewatering :(

yea very, it blew off on the motorway, and i was a bit ####ed off but i thought it wouldn't be too hard to get. took the car down to nissan, i actually laughed in the guy's face when he said £300. i wanted to do a smooth boot so i asked about how much it would be for a boot lid, he said the whole boot lid would be shipped from japan (thats a big bit of metal) for £45 so the boot is more expensive than the B piller trim!

anyway, i really want this car, but i have no money right now..... so would you be interested in doing any kind of deal? i mean for example could you buy the car and hold it for me? do you have space? it would be a long while before i could get it, but as long as its safe from the crusher. or would you be able to at least get some parts? my biggest problem is the door seal, water poors in when it rains.

i need to come back to the UK at some point, i have left two and a half cars there! i have towing equipment as well, just need the money for all the ferries and stuff,

to be honest, i have my micra, my corsa the daihatsu (sometimes) and the ZR i couldnt possibly keep any more at home lol but i could if you like see if the scrappy would take a deposit and keep it there? or even take payment and keep it there...

or last but not least just buy it and go park it in a random car park and leave it there until u wanted it? lol

i would offer to do this for you nex mate, but the thing is it would probably be nicked from my house as im living in a place thats far from a utopia lol

lol, yea well, i don't know if i could let 300 euro sit in a carpark somewhere lol

what is the sate of the car? if i drove it would the bottom fall out? is it going anywhere soon? in the summer i will be pretty close in the liverpool area,

lol, yea well, i don't know if i could let 300 euro sit in a carpark somewhere lol
true true lol

what is the sate of the car? if i drove it would the bottom fall out? is it going anywhere soon? in the summer i will be pretty close in the liverpool area,
engine seems in good order and interior wants to be hosed down with some sort of holy water :D its very dirty but no scratches or rips its all there... just the underbody is f***** 'like a teabag' in some places you can see carpet lol

west tallaght haha
lol well at least its not Ballymun!

speaking of which, i havnt heard anything from ballymun in ages lol or limerick for that matter :p

Nex
If you need it stored, I will keep it for you.
No messing around, Just find a way of getting it to me, and I'll clear my garage up for you. That's my word to you.
MicraMarch

that would be awesome, but i have no way of getting it to you from where i am... sucks because this is an awesome deal, there is no where else i could get parts for my cab so cheap

If you can get some pics of it andy I could well be tempted to buy it my self and either sell all the bits to NeX or restore it for the other half!

If you can get some pics of it andy I could well be tempted to buy it my self and either sell all the bits to NeX or restore it for the other half!

lol i don't know if thats an awesome idea or an evil idea! but it doesn't sound like its going back on the road

just to let you know that cabriolet sills are not the same as micra sills, and so you cant replace them with micra ones. same goes with the floor pan,

wow i wonder how it got so bad,

are you able to get any photos?

maybe water poured into the cabin (from either driving in rain with roof down or water leak via fan blower intake) soaking the carpet and over time the floor rusted inside out?

maybe water poured into the cabin (from either driving in rain with roof down or water leak via fan blower intake) soaking the carpet and over time the floor rusted inside out?

i suppose it depends on where the rust is. if its all on the floor then thats probably what happened, but if its in the sills then its a bit odd. the sills are well protected, and i have had water in the car and it still doesn't get to the sills, they are solid

i suppose it depends on where the rust is. if its all on the floor then thats probably what happened, but if its in the sills then its a bit odd. the sills are well protected, and i have had water in the car and it still doesn't get to the sills, they are solid

the front sunroof drain pipe feeds straight into the enclosed sill box section causing the common sill rust hole issue. i bypassed my draintube to go straight through the sill instead

the front sunroof drain pipe feeds straight into the enclosed sill box section causing the common sill rust hole issue. i bypassed my draintube to go straight through the sill instead

erm... but its a convertable lol, eg no sun roof

Back