Cone Filter Strange Noise

Ok so i fitted my induction kit, sounded great really deep

But today i noticed its not as loud as it use to be ( me getting used to it? ) and i can hear a strange noise - Picture you trying to get the last bits of coke outta a mcdonalds cup through a straw ;) - that kinda noise

Gonna fit a new/bigger cone with an open end rather than block see if it makes a difference

Any Ideas

Cheers Steve

hey long time since ive owned a micra but im a mechanic so u might wanna check ur air sensor in the throtle body is working and all the solder joints on it are ok as if its not with many car you will hear a "poping" noise coming back though ur airbox or cone :) hope this helps

Not a popping noise buddy :0

as stated it sounds like slurping water, only happens low RPM in every gear once i get past certian RPM range it goes away and is repleaced by the cone :)

Hope u didn't accidentally leave a paper leaflet inside like me which got sucked into the turbo n did a load of damage

That's classic Polly :p but also kinda tragic... Must have missed that in your blog.

Sure its not just echo from the intake though? Low revs mine sounds a bit fluttery too but that's just the same with the tb 'open air'

Posted on my device_name using the MSC Mobile App

Nah i didnt polly :D, Car used to do it was stock intake on aswell just its alot more noticable now :L

Ill try get a video up soon :)

I find with most of my cars induction roars a lot quieter in warmer weather then colder probably air density doing something weird, as for the slurp have you ever cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner as it can sit in the bottom of the inlet manifold and stay there o.9

overfueling my old 1.0 did this soon after a few weeks of fitting new intake. then the tb/maf gave up.time to get the solder out. deep warbbly noise??

how often are you supposed to clean the throttle body out? and how do you go about doing it? remove it all and put carb cleaner through it until its clean?
thanks

Back