Clutch Catch Point

CMF_Tsuyoshi

» CMF Member
I don't know if its just me, but my March's catch point is pretty high and it some what strains my foot since the stock seat is pretty high I do a lot of the controlling with the foot.I tried driving around in other sports cars and since their seats are lower the leg is very straight and confortable, not to mention the catch point on their cars are near the floor. I'm wondering if theres a way to make the catch point lower to the floor so upon release its easier on the foot.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Yes its just a matter of clutch adjustment.

However - keep in mind that it is a micra, not a 350Z. Therefore the seating will be high for greater all round visibility for mum going down to the shops. Lowering your seat can totally ruin the ergonomics/dynamics of your cockpit.

That's just me over-thinking though, so you may as well pick up a spare seat rack and 'lower' it. :) if you dont like it, just chuck the old one in again. Simple.

Hope I didnt scare you. Cheerio old chap.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Yeap mine also has a high pick up point but it suits me fine. All you need to do is to make adjustments to it in the engine bay. I think you just need a spanner or two and play with it till its how you like it.

Back