Choosing a K11

Hello everyone,
I'm considering getting a K11 as project car. However, I'd be doing just about everything you can think of to it, so I want a solid platform.
It obviously shouldn't have any (major) rust, and as far as I understand, going with a '99 or later is advisable as those have the electronic instrument cluster (which is good as I want to build a custom digital one).
For the rest, I have a few questions:
Is a CG13 or a CGA3 a better engine choice mod-wise?
How many km's on the clock would be okay, considering I'll probably swap half the stuff out?
Are there NATS/non-NATS options or do they all have it? If so, would ripping it out be a good idea?
What price would be okay for such a car (I'm in Germany, so they may differ, but a rough estimate would be nice)?

Last edited:
Enginewise id say a cg13 is easier to mod. Also you can swap out the ecu of them for a non nats one.
KM's dont really matter. The engines are strong enough to last. And engines are cheap.

Pricewise id say 500-1000 euro. And seeing that youre in germany id look for one with rear disc brakes and/or leather interior if you fancy that.

Thanks for the info!
About the interior: I actually like the cloth one as it's more comfortable to me, and it means I can redo the cloth (probably a good idea with over 100.000km's worth of use).
I didn't know there were ones with rear discs! Is that something to look for when buying the car, or are they hard to find and I should just get the axle and swap it later?

About the brakes - did Nissan go with an identical setup for all engines?
And is the rest of the car identical in terms of stability?
That's important if I want to increase power here...

Brakes are the same for all engines but there was a vented option. ABS was optional but if i remember correctly the calipers are the same.
I wouldnt bother finding one with the vented front brakes. Id just swap to Almera 1.6 or gti calipers.

Undercarriage is the same. ARB's where optional on early models if i remember correctly. I think they where standard on facelift models. (98+)

Back