check out this guy's micra

I still don't like that kit, it's so OTT for the car, you would have to add a spoiler to match it at least

yea i agree, the kit has alot of straight lines and because all the straight lines are low down with the bumpers and skirts there needs something up top to even it out.

ye, I couldn't explain it but thats basically it, the work is impressive no question of that and I hope it comes out good,, as long as the driver is happy thats all that matters.

As for headlight conversion, after speaking to K11stew about his and using my golf headlights up against mine, it's alot of work!! the headlight mounts head to be moved back to get the lights to sit flush. Even if it doesn't look the best respect for the work gone in!

i was very impressed with what he's done to the boot hatch (check out page 1) its a unique mod ;)

so close to being a nicely modded k11.

but, them headlights are too square for the car.

and that kit will always be too ott!

good work on the tailgate though!

paintjob is horriD!

Why do ppl h8 this bodykit.....I'm gonna cry now :'(

I'm loving the exhaust he's got!!! hmmmmmm

people should setup a mental checkpoint to filter their comments for insensativity lol, or just slag off your kit behind your back :p

paintjob is horriD!

got agree with stew on the paint job, its just horrid! other than that its not that bad tailgate is diffrent and the kit. just depends on your taste. everyone is diffrent and has diffrent veiws etc. still not my cup of tea, its just to euro for my liking.

Euro tastes are always different to UK tastes.

What Stew says about the lights I agree, the lights are too square but then again they'd work better with you're lazy boy bonnet look!

Ollie, the kits only good cause you make it good :p

lol the kit is Jap stylie, euro is allllll smooooth

innit!!

Image066.jpg

that is the actual definition of euro :D :)

possibly needs dished chrome rims tho :p

ye, I couldn't explain it but thats basically it, the work is impressive no question of that and I hope it comes out good,, as long as the driver is happy thats all that matters.

As for headlight conversion, after speaking to K11stew about his and using my golf headlights up against mine, it's alot of work!! the headlight mounts head to be moved back to get the lights to sit flush. Even if it doesn't look the best respect for the work gone in!

just asking, but regarding the "golf lights"....

1. is it a nearly easy direct replacement with wires etc
or
2. you need the golf wiring loom etc and is a horrible job? (depends on some peoples Interpretation of "horrible" but you get my drift?)

thanks

Do you like it?

Its alright then, lol

well it kinda being on his car gives the impression that he likes it :p

you never know maybe he hates it and is making an expensive ironic statement lol

just asking, but regarding the "golf lights"....

1. is it a nearly easy direct replacement with wires etc
or
2. you need the golf wiring loom etc and is a horrible job? (depends on some peoples Interpretation of "horrible" but you get my drift?)

thanks

the wiring is the simple part, and i assume that the micra loom should plug straight in... or at least the hedlight should cos the plug on the end of the micra loom is not a micra specific plug, its a standard H4 plug and if golfs use H4 bulbs then you will have no problems, but the indicators will be different...

the main problem with doing a headlight convertion is getting the mounting points right and matching up the bodywork...

the wiring is the simple part, and i assume that the micra loom should plug straight in... or at least the hedlight should cos the plug on the end of the micra loom is not a micra specific plug, its a standard H4 plug and if golfs use H4 bulbs then you will have no problems, but the indicators will be different...

the main problem with doing a headlight convertion is getting the mounting points right and matching up the bodywork...

ok, thanks "neX"...so would u have any idea as how to go about indicators??

im sure some form of fixing could be arranged but i was just enquiring about the lights and how they would work on a micra loom??

will angel eyes be the same tho?

cheers again for the help!!!

i have the wiring diagram i made to do my k4 golf transplant about 3 years ago in the spare bedroom somewhere!

a problem you will encounter is the dim/dip system the micra runs whereas the golf doesnt, therefore only allowing 1 headlight to workk when the ignition is turned on.

ill see if i can find it.

ok, thanks "neX"...so would u have any idea as how to go about indicators??

im sure some form of fixing could be arranged but i was just enquiring about the lights and how they would work on a micra loom??

will angel eyes be the same tho?

cheers again for the help!!!

basically the golf lights will have everything in them that is required by law eg, main beam, diped beam, indicators and sidelights.

every car will have wiring looms that support those lights even if they have diffiernt plugs etc. so its not like you have to add a relay etc like you would if you were adding front fogs for example...

angel eyes are just the sidelights so yes the micra will support them.

you are best off getting all the plugs for the golf lights out of a scrappy and then cutting the plugs off the loom in the micra and splicing on the golf ones...

its really easy... and i'd tell you how to do it but i don't know what the plugs are on the golf lights, if you plan to have a go and you run into trouble then let me (or k11stew) know and post some pics and i'm sure we can help :)

but like i said the wiring is the easiest bit, your problem will be mounting and body work, there is a real skill to getting the lights to look factory, and as far as i know k11stew is the only one who can do it..... so far ;)

Back