Charlotte goes to good home

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Back in November when I drove her away, looking back at Yom with a tear in his eye, I had no idea that she would be a daily driver for a mere 2 months before spending the last 6 months in the garage waiting for a new gear box.

Reluctantly—no thanks to the missus who says 3 Micra's are too many—I decided to sell her.

Thankfully the new owner is from Adelaide so that makes about 3 people here with Micra's :)

Look after her mate—she may be a bit of a **** moving from one guy to the next but hey, she is a great ride and purrs like a kitten if you treat her right :D

Attachments

• 38922.jpg
    38922.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 40

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Spot on Smidge.

Here's a pic of the 3 Micra's I shot on the weekend. Thought I should before the posse was split up.

The red one 'Flea' is 100% stock standard and is looking for a new home too. Drives like new.

The white one is of course 'White Knight'' and will be what I concentrate on. I have another car as a daily driver so WK is the weekender. Just can't really justify more than one Micra. Charlotte was going to be the one to develop—with a Turbo as Smidge suggested but then White Knight came along. I just couldn't see myself spending the $$ on Charlotte to get her into the league of WK.

Attachments

• 38928.jpg
    38928.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32

smidge

» CMF Member
always the way crumpets! when i was looking i bagged a nice LX but then in the coming months a few super S came up at only a few hundred more

don't worry bout it, plenty of parts and bits and fun to be had modding them to get them where some of the above are now

littlebear WROTE:

"Spot on Smidge.<BR><BR>Here's a pic of the 3 Micra's I shot on the weekend. Thought I should before the posse was split up. <BR><BR>The red one 'Flea' is 100% stock standard and is looking for a new home too. Drives like new. <BR><BR>The white one is of course 'White Knight'' and will be what I concentrate on. I have another car as a daily driver so WK is the weekender. Just can't really justify more than one Micra. Charlotte was going to be the one to develop—with a Turbo as Smidge suggested but then White Knight came along. I just couldn't see myself spending the $$ on Charlotte to get her into the league of WK.

hmm.. those wheels look pretty good

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
LonePhantom WROTE:

"Damn nice cars there!

Yes, indeed. It reminded me of a scene from the Italian Job pulling into littlebear's drive! So good to see so many Micras parked along side each other in Adelaide.

I'll admit I am the proud owner of Charlotte now. I had fallen in love with her the moment Yom introduced the S2 to CMF. I've still got his video as well as a bunch of his first pics somewhere on my laptop. When he sold it on, I was keen, but I couldn't justify the trip from Adelaide to QLD at the time.

I've been hiding in the woodwork for a few years, I had considered buying Geoff_W’s SuperS back in 96 before its turbo install, but pulled out knowing I’d need the money for my house and the current/ongoing Datsun debacle. I had sold my Red LX to my sister about 4 months ago and regretted it.

I knew that littlebear had Charlotte and Flea and when he bought WhiteKnight, I was patiently waiting for some for sale posts, when they didn't pop up, I eventually forgot about it. Until recently, when I decided there was nothing else I could imagine driving other than a Micra, and the old Mazda 626 was costing me 14lt/100km to run, I had had enough.

I collected Charlotte on Tuesday night and have had a couple days to get properly acquainted. It is great to be back in a k11. I can fully appreciate the sadness Yom and littlebear must have felt to see her drive off with a new owner. There is something about it that feels just right. The interior is small and tight, with out feeling unsafe and cramped, all the dials and gauges are always within reach and clear view. I can see all corners of the car with out having to strain. There are no squeaks, knocks or rattles from the near immaculate interior. No concerning engine noise or smoke. I could go on and on about it…

Littlebear was good enough to install a replacement gearbox for me, but held off long enough for the JUN 3.6kg Ultra-Lightweight flywheel to come in, and he had that put in at the same time. It is an absolute dream, there is so much more pep from the engine just from this mod. I do not know why they didn’t have something this light from the factory. There is no difficulties with launch or idle at all.

I have a list of things I want to do over the next couple weeks with Charlotte, just a good honest clean and general tidy-up, but if I have a chance over the weekend, I’ll get a couple pics of the JUN flywheel up here as well as some other things.

I’m sure that having Charlotte in the garage is going to make saving for my wedding next year a lot harder, but the fiancé will have to cope lol.

I won’t let Charlotte disappear into the history of CMF like what has happened with Blue_Monster. You’ll hear more from me.

Tom.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Its funny I am in the same boat with coming back to a Micra after about 5 years away from one and its the exact same feeling of coming home and it being right.

Worst thing is I am wanting to mods and save for a wedding also and the fiancé doesnt approve haha so I know the feeling.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I am absolutely thrilled to see she has gone to yet another good home.

As for those rattles... don't slide the sunroof back LOL. :p

She's a great little car and yep, there's something about them series 2 super S which just feels right.

I had more fun driving charlotte than I do the Golf GTI. The Golf is a fantastic car - its is built like a small nuclear bunker and the performance is not too far off spastic for a front wheel driver either. But I miss charlotte.

Matty - no_jammin - where oh where art thou?

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I'm loving her too Yom. I've got to get it sitting lower though. It's looking a bit 4wd at the moment.

Hopefully this weekend I can hide the stone chips and scratches a bit. I'm thinking a good wax and polish, something along the lines of the Turtle Color Cure stuff with the chip stick, but have read some pretty mixed reviews. I'm not sure what else is out there. Any opinions?

Hope you don't mind but I uploaded your video to youtube tonight. Hope the embedding works.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value=""> </param> <embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Ok, it does! Why hasn't anybody else done that yet? lol.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I remember that day. Road was very slippery and I had the runs. Ridiculously pungent gas. Pretty sure that is the day I burned the drivers seat.

Matty is the creator of that vid. I don't mind, but he'd be the fellow who might. :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hehehe yep I tainted that seat pretty badly.

And the rear one. Infact the one in the back was magic, mate who was driving pulled over and got out it was that potent.

:D

Back