cga fuel rail onto cg13de

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Hey guys and girls,

but mostly frank.

anyone else fit a cga3 rail to our aussie spec cg13?

ive got the ga15 throttle body on so im guessing i need to relocate the iacv (tips/walk through on how to do this)

create some collars for the bolts (easy enough) and use some sort of thick oring to seal the injectors in to the manifold.

if someone coudl confirm that would be great.

i literally have to sundays to get this done before tune at dmd, and im starting to lose my cool about it.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
did you weld a plate in to blank the solenoid hole off frank?

and how did you connect the iacv to the throttle body remotely (where does that hose go lol)

thanks mate. as usual all you help is appreciated.

there a re a number of turbo builds going on across the country right now, and i know people are gonna start having the same issue as me.

sr20 rails are good, but side feed injectors are old tech, if you can fit top feed rail you can get mental injectors for crazy prices.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
plattsy WROTE:

"did you weld a plate in to blank the solenoid hole off frank?

and how did you connect the iacv to the throttle body remotely (where does that hose go lol)

thanks mate. as usual all you help is appreciated.

there a re a number of turbo builds going on across the country right now, and i know people are gonna start having the same issue as me.

sr20 rails are good, but side feed injectors are old tech, if you can fit top feed rail you can get mental injectors for crazy prices.

some rubber pipe shoved into the hole under the t/b blocks the port mate, then a wooden peg shoved into the pipe (the shape of the inlet mani holds it secure)
then my old remote one had a bit of alloy pipe araldited into the port ^ and a hose connected to a vacuum pipe on the mani (the i/c/v is just a controlled air leak basically eh)

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
yea, to be honest, im wondering if i even need it?! 30 seconds of running **** when its cold. i dont have ac, and i can get the nistune setup with out it. ( i think)

cheers again frank! wish i had spare mani and throttle nbody to hack up....

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the ecu uses spark timing to control the idle if the i/c/v is deleted/broken, so if you set the idle at 900 when hot it,ll idle no probs from cold.
but if you want a 650rpm (hot) idle you will need to blip the throttle for about 10 secs from cold i find :)

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
okay tuner states might have some stalling issues, with ditching it. however im with frank and my fabricator, knock the revs up and sheel be right. i still have the cold start valve, so thats not an issue.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
plattsy WROTE:

"okay tuner states might have some stalling issues, with ditching it. however im with frank and my fabricator, knock the revs up and sheel be right. i still have the cold start valve, so thats not an issue.

mine has coldstart delete too plattsy.
you will find that the inlet mani gets very hot, and heating the t/b makes matters worse.
i,v been doing some testing lately with regards to fitting an intercooler, and i find that the inlet mani reaches 55 deg C in traffic ! (at current early summer 20 deg ambient temps) and holds at 35 deg when cruising.
this is with no t/b water heating and 3 mani-to-head gaskets fitted

Back