canny ebay alloys

brighton15.JPG

That's what the NX ones would look like

It's nice to see what these wheels look like on a K11 Micra :) I won a set off ebay just before Christmas - from the main Nissan dealer in Preston (Fred Coupe) - no centre caps unfortunately but the wheels themselves are in good condition, two of the tyres are in excellent condition but other two are duff & need replacing (can't afford them at the mo though :()
Can I ask what size tyres are fitted to the red car in the above picture? The two decent tyres on the alloys I got are 175/65 x 14" (I think!) so, to keep costs down, I'd like to replace the two duff ones with the same size. My car is currently on 14" steels with 165/60 tyres, so I'm not sure how the 175/65's will make that much difference - a fatter footprint at least means more grip I suppose?!?!

I also won a set of unused Spax lowering springs (35mm drop) so will fit these when I get round to changing the wheels :D I'm looking forward to trying out the car with these fitted & seeing what difference they make :)

I've been searching on the forum about lowering an otherwise standard car & would like to confirm that the lowering springs will fit on standard shocks without any problems & all I'll have to do after fitting them is get the tracking checked/adjusted as neccesary? Anything else I should check/replace?

Many thanks :)

Back