Buying 2nd hand nissan micra 998cc

Hi i need some advice
Nissan micra w or v reg i cannot remember
26k on the clock from new 2nd owner
has been looked after by car mechanic all its life
Seats Feel new body work all looks very
Good is asking £750
Is this a good price

Paid 700 for mine with 80k miles, so thats a good price, no harm in offering him less either.
Just have a good look around the cross member and sills as these rust and seems to be the main problem for micras

Was looking at a 99 micra the other day but it was too rusted, pity though because it had 19k miles on the engine.

If the bodywork is sound, i.e. front cross-member and rear sills, (if a 2 door), £700 is a fair given the mileage and should give you plenty of trouble free motoring for the money.

I bought a 96 1.3 GX 4-door about 6 years ago with 22k on the clock for £900 and it's just sailed it's MOT again with a clean sheet.

If maintained well, K11's just keep going.

As said above make sure you check the front cross member and sills ..... check outer and inner sills all the way both sides and in particular on the rear sections on the inner sill ( if unsure give a good tap with small hammer or screwdriver .... and also check the inner wheel arch to sill section and the inner area around that. Also check floors .... it only takes about 2 minutes from underneath and well worth it !
I bought my 1.3 1995 Slx with 39k on it for £650 on fleabay about 5-6 years ago ..... It had a small split in the inner arch which had allowed some water into the sill .... I sealed that and gave it a good dose of under seal.........i also filled the front cross member with waxoyl ............... 50,000 miles and 6 years later I had to spend £200 on the sill that had the split in it ....... but that was cutting out all rust and replacing as new .... not a patch n bodge job........ but now its as good as new..... Other than that its cost 2 exhaust back boxes, 1 brake cylinder, a dizzy when the coil failed and a CV joint (the other one grumbles a little here and there) ..... so i reckon its cost £300 in parts total for 6 year motoring including the welding.... and the only time it broke down was when the coil failed .. and that was outside the house pulling up ..... and that was my fault as i had left the contact spring out of the rotor. !

Brilliant little motor IF you get a looked after one AND then look after it your self ....... Regular oil change and Waxoyling is essential if you want it to last....... Just done the rear axle .... which is another thing to check for rust

And finally ..... if its been sprayed with that nasty black shultz underseal that goes solid ... walk away .... dealers use it to cover up rust ......... and dont ever use it as it splits and then holds water in, that makes the car rust worse !

Back