Bulbs? 55w - 100w

Hello I want to put 100w bulbs in my micra k11 2000

I was told I need to upgrade the relay and wires from relay or it could burn them out ?

Has anyone done this do you know what bits I need for this

Any help much appreciated

in uk more than 55w is illegal iirc, sould be ok as far as relays though... its the coils that arw more likely to burn out than the awitches. Worst case the relay sticks on and you swap it out for another.

You need to get ceramic H4 headlight plugs so you wont get any problem with these ceramic headlight plugs. (you won't get burnt plugs)

Enuo is right.

Edit: If you use 100w bulbs:

• you will get pull up by police sometimes
  • might be fail on mots
  • it will hurt other people eyes
  • Too much power so the battery will drain little by little. You will get burnt wiring and fuses blown up too.

You should buy 55w better headlight bulbs such as Phillips or Osram. I used Phillps Xterme Vision so it was so much better and good quality light. In my opinion, you should get osram night breaker which is £20. Osram night breaker unlimited is coming soon so i am waiting to get this. :)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4...90-pair.html?gclid=CJqiuJnphboCFfHKtAodDhgAsw

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4...d-110-Upgrade-Xenon-Headlight-Bulbs-Pair.html

I used this before
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4-Philips-X-treme-Vision-100-Headlight-Bulbs-pair.html

The vision out of my car improved massively after I went to the opticians. I do fine with stock bulbs at 110 odd (anyone law enforcement related read KPH... >.> )

As we're talking about bulbs, where exactly are my headlight fuses? My right side headlight is not working, only parking light on it is. Left side is fine. I've been checking some of the fuses I found but I assume none of those is for the headlights, as they were all OK. I hope it is a burnt fuse..

Engine bay fuse box?

There are actually 2 or 3 fuse boxes, mine dosn't say anything, they have been repainted I guess. I checked all the fuses I could find there, all were fine.. I'm worried it's not a problem with the fuse and I got shtload of work working out the cables if the problem is related to them..

I used 100W bulbs for a while on stock connectors.

Really surprised they never melted as the things got unbelievably hot.

From experience, decent set of 55W bulbs are good enough and 100W bulbs offer nothing more.

I used 100W bulbs for a while on stock connectors.

Really surprised they never melted as the things got unbelievably hot.

From experience, decent set of 55W bulbs are good enough and 100W bulbs offer nothing more.

Dad says I should get 90w/130w bulbs so I can play in the lanes at night and actually see.
You think this is a bad idea then? I've ordered the ceramic H4 plug but do you think the wiring and fuses will suffer(and other road users)?

100w bulbs are illegal, and often don't come with the correct beam pattern so blind other road users even when dipped.

Yeah, the birds in the trees 2 fields over thought the sun was rising early haha. Wiring SHOULD be ok, as the high current stuff is dealt with by the relays not the switchgear, however you would need to uprate fuses and make sure all connections are spotlessly clean...

Back