Bucket seats

CMF_jaylaw17

» CMF Member
sorry bout that.

heres some pix

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/turboflash/DSC00555.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/turboflash/ABCD0015-2.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/turboflash/ABCD0014-2.jpg

Advert quote "They are only gathering dust in my garage, sure they may fit other cars but believe they were originally out of a Sunny GTi or even a Pulsar??

Gave them a bit of a clean-up yestaday and they aren't shabby, bolsters on both seems seem spot-on...... ( only problem is that they only come with 1 seat-belt connector...but sure you could use your old one)"

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hmm, reclinables with not much bolstering. I'd say just get yourself a nice fixed-back one, get a professional to weld you up a custom mount with rails and just let the passenger suffer :p

The seats will not bolt straight in so you'd be better off getting a frame made up from scratch and get a seat with better support than spending money on those.

---dens

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh smidge has it.

ghetto micra put a set of the n14 sss seats in his K11. I would imagine these seats in a K11 would be 75% similar task to what he did. The other 25% will be one of the mounts - most likely the mount which will either go on the floor (k11 style) or on the exhaust tunnel (jap made n14 style).

I wouldn't bother. they're average seats and lack proper bum support - your arse will be numb after 2 hours in them

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
i know every1 thinks its a bit dogey, but i made up some mounts to fit a subaru seat in. 2 of the holes bolt straight into the floor, others are spaced to fit.

id say you can fit any seat in that will physically fit the width of the car (i had to make some modifications ot the door trim to fit the barge arse seat) its just whether you get it done professionaly, or trust your own job...

but i can definately say it was worth it!!... id be getting a comfy reclinable which has support... no need for a WRC busket seat with like kneck support n all that **** when your just driving around... the wrx seat is perfect in bolster size and hug. and plus its made to be comfortable!!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

I wouldn't bother. they're average seats and lack proper bum support - your arse will be numb after 2 hours in them

i call bull****, i have them and if you can get them cheap they are 100% better than the std micra ones

smidge

» CMF Member
easy to fit? depends how handy you are with metal fabrication, how far you go with installing it quality wise depends on how much you want to spend

will probly effect MOT if its not done 100% properly and engineered or whatever

not sure how closely they check seats on UK tests

the inspection guy here didn't even notice my forester seats cause they worked fine and use all factory mounting points

Back