Broken bolt and Boa Grabit to the rescue but what mains power drill is this on photo?

Years ago I borrowed two items and it was a Boa Grabit and it served me well. Amazon has it for such a low price they can not give free shipping for it ;) https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B07HK74SQT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1RNN7PMHEAYEU&psc=1

Here is a photo of the drill I used, can you help me identify it? Low speed high torque is what this Boa Grabit wants to give good result.

nx2000-072-boa2.jpg

Years ago I borrowed two items and it was a Boa Grabit and it served me well. Amazon has it for such a low price they can not give free shipping for it ;) https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B07HK74SQT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1RNN7PMHEAYEU&psc=1

Here is a photo of the drill I used, can you help me identify it? Low speed high torque is what this Boa Grabit wants to give good result.

nx2000-072-boa2.jpg
Unless I'm mistaken, that appears to be a Makita right angle drill..... and as you see they are not cheap........ :eek:
It could however be a Bosch 1132VSR.....and they make the Makita look cheap!!! Do you really want to buy a drill that costs as much as a good S/H Micra? ?

Last edited:
No I don't want to buy any drill but I can borrow a battery Makita but the person who lend me drill in picuture told me this screw extractor works well with powered drill with high torque low speed. And by removing radiator I can atleast try one broken thread to remove with manifold still installed.

It is kind of a problem that if I remove manifold there is a chance it will break more threads while at the moment the manifold holds. It is a non reversible thing and if tools can't do it then I got a bricked Micra on the street which is very unhandy.

I figured though that when screw extractor has good grip I could use a closed wrench on it.

You are right, while on photo it is a broken bolt of a bracket for Sr20 clutch cable (quite heavy stuff, also 12mm thread) that came out with a lot of ease this way.

But since I do not have such a drill and it seems that it also won't go easy everywhere, I decided to go the mig welding route but then I will have to rely on a friend on beer basis.

Six studs to go :cry:

Back