brake booster

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"other nissan brake booster master cylinder will direct bolt to micra? , need to replace mine...

Why? Normal one is fine. If you increase ur brake calipers to say GTir one, just change ur brake master cylinder. Why the booster?

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"1300cc WROTE:

"other nissan brake booster master cylinder will direct bolt to micra? , need to replace mine..."</div>

Why? Normal one is fine. If you increase ur brake calipers to say GTir one, just change ur brake master cylinder. Why the booster?

I thot i hav to change the whole assembly?...,n im not tring to increase the braking just wondering if n14 or n15 will b cmpatible
V

CMF_baguete

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:
I thot i hav to change the whole assembly?...,n im not tring to increase the braking just wondering if n14 or n15 will b cmpatible<BR>V

No, only Primera P10 2.0 GT brake master cylinder without ABS will work on the Micra brake boost, if you want to upgrade the booster, grab a K11 ABS booster, its bigger like Rudy said.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
just went to mech today and the brake booster need to be replaced, its not really urgent coz its not dying yet when i stepped on the brakes but sooner or later it need replacing, he reckconed theres a repair kit you can buy but he recommends to change the whole brake booster instead.

i have already cleaned the iav, and idle is set to 650,

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
pretty easy about 10 mins to remove..go to a self serve wrecker with some tools..99.99% those booster will be in the car as noone ever takes them. Then remove it..learn as u go. If u can remove it off the car then u can fit it back in. But this one is an easy job. If somehow u ****ed up just dump it and move on the the next wreck micra and start again.
Thats how i learn how to remove a drive shaft from the gearbox properly after i ****ed up like 4 drive shafts :p

Back