Boot Lighting

L

lewis

As you may or may not be aware I'm in the middle of doing a boot install........

I'm going to implement some subtle lighting (non-chav) so basically I can light up the install.....

Which wire would you tap in to? Is there any cables in the boot which I can tap into?

er the boot light lol, on the rght hand side, i assume you have one i do but it dosent work. have a look

I've run a live from my radio to the boot.

It's scotch locked onto the radio harness live. I then ran it behind the glovebox, behind the kickpanel in the passenger footwell, through the plastic tubing running along by the door. Behind the rear side panel (next to the rear bench, 2dr model) and into the boot

Thats got my after market (from a Jaguar :D) third brake light on it and iv'e left some slack so that i can scotchlock on a boot light and glovebox light.

Run an extra wire/spur from your audio install distribution block, fuse it then use it like that with a switch, or do as I've done and use a relay for this power feed, with its activation source taken from the headunit turn-on wire, so that it can only be on when your headunit is on....

boot light i would say like as then it will only come onwhen the boots open but pete is the expert

Back